Another safe one Joan

Old July 23rd 03, 04:48 PM
Judith Truly

Default Another safe one Joan

No, 70's is even better except for the fact that the kids begin to think
that they are the parent and you the child. You just have to put your foot
down and remind them who's the boss! ;-)
"Debra" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:25:07 -0300, wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:13:50 GMT, "Tracy"
wrote:

Caryn, turning 40 is great! Really! When I turned 40 my mind set

changed
and it's great! You start to not give a hoot what people think of you

and
it's been great. I figure take me as I am or it's your loss! LOL! I'm

not
trying to impress anyone anymore....When you're in your 20's and 30's

you're
trying to impress the world, now you just need to impress yourself.

Tracy

I can vouch for that and as time goes further on, your desire for
having 'things' get 's less and less, which is great. Well except for
things like stash perhaps.

Tracy, I love that line you wrote: "When you're in your 20's and 30's
you're trying to impress the world, now you just need to impress
yourself." It really sums it all up.

Lucretia, I'm only 41 and I know what you mean by the decreased desire
for things. Have you started getting rid of things, or simply not
making the number of aquisitions that you once did? I'm getting rid
of things. If it doesn't give me pleasure, or satisfy a basic need in
life, it goes out the door. The only things I've bought for a couple
of years are replacements for stuff that I use often, or more
stitching stash. I'm sure I've got SABLE, but there's always a new
pattern or stitching book that calls out my name when I'm in a store
just to pick up a skein or two of floss,......and if I don't pick it
up it jumps into my shopping basket when I'm not looking anyway.

Debra in VA

Old July 23rd 03, 06:14 PM
Caryn

No, 70's is even better except for the fact that the kids begin to think
that they are the parent and you the child. You just have to put your foot
down and remind them who's the boss! ;-)
"Debra"

hmmm......I'm 41 and my 11 yr old keeps trying to dictate what I wear! ROFL

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old July 25th 03, 08:15 PM
aeromom

Once upon a time I would have sworn that I'd never get to be this age.
I didn't even want to contemplate the possibility. (I laugh at that
now.) I'm still claiming I'm not yet middle age. That's very possible
since grandparents on both sides of the family have lived into their
90's, and one great grandpa was over 100 when he died.

Last time I unpacked from a move I got so tired of washing newsprint
ink off "things" that I started evaluating the worth of each item
before I washed it. I just kept asking myself "Is this thing worth
actually washing yet another thing?" I got rid of a lot of useless
things that way and now I have less things to dust and wash every
week. That's time I can use doing other stuff.
Debra in VA

I have moved a lot too. It is amazing how much stuff we accumulate in just a
short time. I am the opposite of a pack rat. Not sure what you call the
opposite of a pack rat--maybe an unpack rat? I get a 'keep-it' box, a
'give-away' box, and lots of trash bags and just start tossing things into
the appropriate box or bag.
When we moved earlier this month we packed everything in boxes and then had
the movers load and unload. The moving van driver said, "You sure have a
lot of boxes marked 'Crafts", ma'am." And he was right. Hey, I keep the
important things, right?
aeromom
back home in TX

Safe Alternative to VIOXX Marlene Mosher General Crafting 0 October 2nd 04 05:08 AM
Smoky but safe Christina Peterson Beads 15 August 24th 04 04:51 AM
safe disposal of chemicals lisau Jewelry 27 July 14th 04 09:29 AM
Food safe glass info ?? WillMore Glass 2 May 12th 04 01:23 AM
Joan read this, subject changed ! Gillian Murray Needlework 3 July 23rd 03 07:02 AM