spam ugh

Old December 19th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

Default spam ugh

Is there any way we can permanently block that MI5 person? Blech. Sure
takes up a lot of space here.

Wendy
Old December 20th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

On Dec 19, 6:49 pm, Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:
myswendy wrote:
Is there any way we can permanently block that MI5 person? Blech. Sure
takes up a lot of space here.

Wendy

Killfile or message filters, then unsub, delete the group history and
resubscribe.

ummm, could you please repeat that in English? LOL. Where do I find a
message filter for a group? You don't mean for my regular email, do
you?
Old December 20th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Dec 19, 7:23 pm, myswendy wrote:
Is there any way we can permanently block that MI5 person? Blech. Sure
takes up a lot of space here.

I think that it mostly happens to those of us who use Google. I hate
it,
too.

Higs,
Katherine
Old December 20th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Katherine wrote:
On Dec 19, 7:23 pm, myswendy wrote:
Is there any way we can permanently block that MI5 person? Blech. Sure
takes up a lot of space here.

I think that it mostly happens to those of us who use Google. I hate
it,
too.

Or an unfiltered newsserver. I use 2 of them. MI5 is not showing up on
one of them which is filtered for stuff like that, he is on the other.

sue
Old December 20th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB[_2_]

myswendy wrote:
Is there any way we can permanently block that MI5 person? Blech. Sure
takes up a lot of space here.

Wendy

I have not seen any all day so Verizon must have the gate locked again.

Old December 20th 07, 07:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Katherine" wrote in message
On Dec 19, 7:23 pm, myswendy wrote:
Is there any way we can permanently block that MI5 person? Blech. Sure
takes up a lot of space here.

I think that it mostly happens to those of us who use Google. I hate
it, too.

Higs,
Katherine

Nope, I get it too through my Outlook Express. One of these
days I'll get around to filtering it, otherwise, I just mark it
"read" and it goes away. I don't read that crap.

Shelagh

Old December 20th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

myswendy wrote in

ups.com:

myswendy wrote:
Is there any way we can permanently block that MI5
person? Blech. Sure takes up a lot of space here.

Wendy

Killfile or message filters, then unsub, delete the group
history and resubscribe.

ummm, could you please repeat that in English? LOL. Where
do I find a message filter for a group? You don't mean for
my regular email, do you?

if you read through Google, you can't do anything about M15
(who, BTW, has lost access again temporarily) or any other
spam.
you need a newsreader & an NNTP (usenet news) provider to use
filters. i do highly recommend it, as it makes usenet so much
more useful.
if your internet provider doesn't offer news, there are free
or low-cost ones you can access worldwide. if you use Windows,
there's a newsreader built into Outlook Express.
lee
Old December 20th 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"DAB" wrote in

myswendy wrote:
Is there any way we can permanently block that MI5 person?
Blech. Sure takes up a lot of space here.

Wendy

I have not seen any all day so Verizon must have the gate
locked again.

Verizon had nothing to do with it. M15 lost yet another
account for spamming. with him, it really does help to report
the abuse to his provider.
that generally doesn't work for other spam, as they
specificly go to providers that don't care if they spam as
long as they pay.
lee
Old December 20th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

if you read through Google, you can't do anything about M15
(who, BTW, has lost access again temporarily) or any other
spam.
you need a newsreader & an NNTP (usenet news) provider to use
filters. i do highly recommend it, as it makes usenet so much
more useful.
if your internet provider doesn't offer news, there are free
or low-cost ones you can access worldwide. if you use Windows,
there's a newsreader built into Outlook Express.
lee

Thank you! what do I put at the point where it says: Type the name of
the Internet news (NNTP) server your Internet service provider has
given you... I dont know what that means. This is one field that I
have always shied away from, so I REALLY need help to understand how
to do this! Thanks for your patience.

Wendy
Old December 20th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

myswendy wrote in

oups.com:

[...]

well what company do you connect to the internet through? you
will probably need to look at their customer service site or
give them a call to get the exact server, but usually it's
something like "news.ispname.com" or "nntp.ispname.net".
some isps require a login & password (usually the same as
your email if they do), but most don't unless you're
connecting from outside their system (i post through mv, for
example, but connect through metrocast, so i have a login &
password for the mv newsserver)
lee

spam etc. Anne Rogers[_3_] Quilting 7 December 1st 07 08:33 PM
Spam bogus address Quilting 2 April 21st 05 06:10 PM
OT - Useful spam Johanna Gibson Quilting 6 January 13th 05 05:00 PM
OT fun spam Roberta Zollner Quilting 7 June 12th 04 01:22 PM
(OT Spam) Statement on Spam and VoteNader.org Roger Halstead Yarn 0 April 10th 04 07:03 PM