newbie just saying hi!

Old March 3rd 04, 10:21 AM
Lynn Tocker

Hello Sonya,

Your quilts look so fresh and vibrant, also your charity quilt blocks are
lovely, - when do you expect to complete the quilt? Well Done!! Isn't it a
fabulous addiction? I often wonder what I spent my time and money on before
this delightful thing took me over, about 6 months ago :-)
Lynn

"hellofromsmd" wrote in message
om...
'lo
I've been lurking for awhile but felt like joining in the fun. Have
really enjoyed all of the messages both on and OT. I started quilting
last March and am already hopelessly addicted. I live in Michigan
with my DH and two mutts (soon to be three when friend's assistance
dog needs a retirement home).

I wrestled with Webshots this evening and I think I've got my projects
posted http://community.webshots.com/user/hellofromsmd Only two quilts
to my name so far : )

Thanks for the fun, I look forward to hanging out with ya'.

--Sonya

Old March 3rd 04, 01:01 PM
DDM

Hi, Sonya, and welcome to the newsgroup! Thanks for sharing the pics with
us too. Love the bag!

Dee in LeRoy, NY

Old March 3rd 04, 02:13 PM
hellofromsmd

Hey, this IS fun. Thanks for all of the kind words. And Carolyn,
thanks for the clarification on where to send surplus fabric and such,
I was wondering about that ; )

Laurie, the backpack wasn't especially difficult. It was mainly just
tedious. I didn't have a rotary cutter then and so I made templates
for all of the pieces (out of the tops of margarine tubs) and cut them
all with scissors. I didn't know about 1/4" feet or moving the needle
then either so I made two sets of templates, one for the cutting lines
and one for the sewing (traced the sewing line onto each piece). The
pattern is from http://www.orangepeel.cc/patterns/op1.htm (NAYY). I
changed things around a bit, mainly the block on the flap.
Old March 3rd 04, 03:08 PM
DebsPrintOnIt

Nice work! Thanks for sharing.
Debra in Idaho
Old March 3rd 04, 05:44 PM
Chipper

Welcome Sonya! Always happy to encourage another addict!
Your quilted village blocks look like they're shaping up to be a winner!
chipper

Old March 3rd 04, 07:17 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
(hellofromsmd) wrote:

'lo
I've been lurking for awhile but felt like joining in the fun. Have
really enjoyed all of the messages both on and OT. I started quilting
last March and am already hopelessly addicted. I live in Michigan
with my DH and two mutts (soon to be three when friend's assistance
dog needs a retirement home).

I wrestled with Webshots this evening and I think I've got my projects
posted
http://community.webshots.com/user/hellofromsmd Only two quilts
to my name so far : )

Thanks for the fun, I look forward to hanging out with ya'.

--Sonya

Welcome, Sonya! Your Picture Play quilts are really great, and I think
that bag you made is wonderful. Where did you find the pattern for that?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old March 3rd 04, 07:29 PM
Eli

Very nice quilts! I have a sister named Sonia - such a beautiful name. :-)

You're off to a great start. Unfortunately (or fortunately), you'll find
this newsgroup as addicting as quilting so you'd better allocate your time
accordingly.

See you around,
Gina in IL

Old March 3rd 04, 08:57 PM
Roberta Zollner

Welcome Sonya! Good-looking quilts! I really like the 4th Quilted Village
block, your paper piecing was worth the trouble.
Roberta in D

Old March 3rd 04, 11:22 PM
Denise Jameson

Welcome Sonya! Your quilts are great...and that bag is awesome!!
Glad to have you here, and your blocks look absolutely gorgeous with
fantastic use of colour. Now way do you look like a beginner with
your points so perfect too! Keep those pics coming and thanks for
sharing.

Denise in Ontario, Canada

Old March 4th 04, 03:03 AM
sdgodfrey

Beautiful pictures, Sonya. You have a great color sense. Thanks for
sharing your pics and I hope you enjoy RCTQ as much as I do.

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey