Beady Birthday Present

Old November 30th 04, 07:37 AM
Beadbimbo

Default Beady Birthday Present

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! And Candace, for the poem! Lol.
Butterbean is always happy to be included in any event. She does think
she's the center of the universe, even on *my* birthday!

I got the sweetest e-mail from someone who'd bought a couple of my expectant
goddess beads. The first one, she bought about a year ago, for a gift, and
then, in Sept., she bought one for herself. This girl had been going
through infertility treatments for 2 1/2 years and was about to quit, due to
the expense. She told me about getting the bead in the mail, making it into
a necklace, and then wearing it the next day for her insemination and
rubbing the belly of the bead, for luck, while she had to lie still, after
the procedure.

Well, it took, and she is pregnant! I just think it's really cool that she
e-mailed me to tell me on my birthday. Just made it an even happier day! I
got all teary, reading her e-mail, and showed it to hubby who said that
maybe my bead contributed to "the power of positive thinking".

I kind of wondered how my day was going to go when I saw this guy outside my
window this morning:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/turkeybuzzard.jpg

He is a turkey vulture. They never come up close to the house like that!
He was walked right in front of the window, and I yelled at DD to come see,
so of course, Spike came too. We made such a commotion, that he kept
cocking his head and looking up at us, but didn't frighten off too easily.
We watched him go over on the driveway and spread his wings out in a sunny
spot. Spike couldn't see him, because the bushes blocked his view, but when
the bird got far enough away, that Spike could see him, he was pretty sure
that that bird was something BAD! Lol.

Other than that, it was a pretty quite day. I'm usually a little down on my
b.day because hubby always has to work, unless it's on the weekend. He
rushed home to cook my my birthday dinner that he makes once a year (A yummy
Chinese dish that's a lot of work to cook!), and he barely had time to eat
with us and had to get to bed, so he could get up at midnight and go back to
work.

All in all, it was a nice day, though.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old November 30th 04, 03:27 PM
Carol in SLC

showed it to hubby who said that
maybe my bead contributed to "the power of positive thinking".

That is SOOOOOOO cool, Jerri!

Carol in SLC
Some of my stuff: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/karen.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/oceansprite.jpg
Old November 30th 04, 05:14 PM
Lara

What a great story. Happy belated b-day.

Lara

Check out my eBay auctions under user ID: lutrick
Or click on the link: http://snipurl.com/8fa3