No More Ordering from eQuilter

Old August 14th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Default No More Ordering from eQuilter

One more happy customer he I have ordered from them several times
and been very pleased with the service and the product. Overseas
shipping is sky-high no matter where you buy it, and EQ has always been
withint reason. I see no reason to stop shopping with them (and I
won't). If you don't like their shipping charges, go elsewhere.

Claudia
maryd wrote:
If you don't like their policy, don't buy from them. I was pleased with the
service I received when I ordered from them.

--
Mary
"Emma Thackery" wrote in message
:
: They bilk you for extra money by calculating their shipping costs based
: on the retail price of an item--- NOT the price you pay them for the
: fabric. And that is on top of already excessive domestic shipping
: rates. Here is what they say on their page:
:
: "*Total Order Value is calculated based upon REGULAR product pricing,
: even when ordered items are on sale."
:
: http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi...9Hz1V17WJ5Df-4
: 4106256471.44
:
: Reminds me of some of the eBay shipping scams. Very bad form,
: especially for an outlet that already charges very high prices for
: quilting fabric.

Old August 14th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

I love equilter. I love the excellent quality of their fabrics, their
superb customer service, and splendid selection. Their website is very
user friendly, and I have never, ever been disappointed with them. I
will continue to purchase from equilter, again and again. NAYY.

Patti in Seattle

Old August 14th 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

You voiced your opinion and cited your experience.
Well done, Emma.

For others, YourMileageMayVary.
No need to be bitchy about someone expressing her OPINION
of HER experience. *sheesh* Grab a cold one & move the mouse.

Meanwhile, thanks for the heads up, Emma.

Ragmop/Sandy--wondering just what Emma got, colors, sizes, lengths...
and where she's stashed it ;-D

On 8/13/06 11:44 PM, in article
, "Emma Thackery"
wrote:

In article . com,
"Ginger in CA" wrote:

Remember, only you can decide where you choose to buy your goods from.
Nobody is forcing you.

I never said anyone was "forcing me"... how very silly. But it's my
right to say "Caveat Emptor" when an already excessive domestic shipping
policy, that purports to charge by the merchandise total, requires that
you read a buried footnote to find out that isn't really true at all.
I'm betting that a lot of people, especially those who expect more
honest, forthright business practices, didn't know that.

And I'd like to think that others who find similarly unethical practices
in their business transactions would let others know.

Emma

Old August 14th 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

As Dusty says, "Me-ow!"
http://tinyurl.com/krrcd

Ragmop/Sandy--laughing at the snarkiness ;-P

On 8/14/06 12:05 AM, in article , "maryd"
mardor@*net wrote:

Didn't you agree to the total charge before completing the order? Most if
not all of us are wise enough to look at the bottom line before completing a
transaction.

Old August 14th 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elaine Abner

I have ordered from equilter numerous times and have always been
satisfied. I found their shipping rates very reasonable.
Elaine in GA

Old August 14th 06, 11:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
chris

Default Ordering from eQuilter and others

"Cats" wrote in message
Equilter is one of my first ports of call when ordering from
Australia - partly because the site is easy to search, and
partly because I have always found their shipping excellent.
They use Global priority envelopes, pack them as full as
possible, and if the estimate they give on my order is not
spot on they email me to ask if the increase is OK. I have
even had an email that they managed to pack in one less
envelope and that the cost would therefore be reduced.

Overseas shipping in GP packs can depend on VOLUME as much
as weight. I recently ordered some fleece, and although it
didn't weigh much it was not going to fit in a GP pack. I
got an email from Paul Rubin asking if it was OK to send by
Air Mail.

Absolutely NAYY - just a VERY happy customer.

Some of the places that you all recommend will not ship
overseas (understandable for a small business - it can be a
PITA) and others insist on using Air Mail or Surface Mail no
matter what you ask for. Fabric.com throws everything into
one big box (often oversized) and ships airmail - which
costs a fortune. Clothilde sends (or used to - haven't
checked lately) by surface mail. To me, that takes up to
three and a half months and things are far more likely to
get damaged. When queried over an order that hadn't turned
up after three weeks, I got an email from Clothilde's that
said that they never bother to read the comments field on
their orders (where I had clearly said I wanted GP
shipping). I couldn't believe they would actually write to
tell me that! Order did arrive eventually - after over 15
weeks!!

I just wish that all the places that offer free shipping
within the States would offer a discount on shipping for
overseas buyers sometimes.

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

cheryl, I got an newsletter from craft connection - the other US store I
sometimes buy from (other than equilter, that is) - last week. cut and paste
here......
"If you live outside the United States, however, we have some bad news. Our
Post Office will no longer accept Global Priority packages that are more
than 1/2" thick. That means the wonderful bargain airmail shipping is gone.
We are very unhappy about it, but please understand that it is entirely out
of our control. We've been informed that it won't do us any good to drive to
another town to mail the packages because the Denver central facility is
enforcing the rule (which has always been a rule, but was not enforced),
that these envelopes are for documents only."

they were always very good at stuffing as much as possible in a GP pack and
would split orders into 2 GP's rather than send1 more expensive parcel.

still, I am only 15mins from the fabulous choices at GJ's so I can't
complain :-)

chris

:-)

Old August 14th 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Sandy, I just started to see "move the mouse" being used more and more. I
love this term. It's the cyber equivalent of "change the channel". Cool.
I stayed out of this particular fray but grabbed a cold one anyway! I
thought that would be ok since it was DHs birthday!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
: Howdy!
:
: You voiced your opinion and cited your experience.
: Well done, Emma.
:
: For others, YourMileageMayVary.
: No need to be bitchy about someone expressing her OPINION
: of HER experience. *sheesh* Grab a cold one & move the mouse.
:
: Meanwhile, thanks for the heads up, Emma.
:
: Ragmop/Sandy--wondering just what Emma got, colors, sizes, lengths...
: and where she's stashed it ;-D
:
:
:
: On 8/13/06 11:44 PM, in article
: , "Emma Thackery"
: wrote:
:
: In article . com,
:

Old August 14th 06, 12:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Barbara Sherrill

I order off equilter and loved it. Reguardless; their shipping prices is
much cheaper than some Ebay Sellers.

For the care that equilters took in shipping my package and the personalize
thank you that was written on my reciept by whom ever was handling the order
just made me want to order more from them. If customer service is good, I
would pay extra for shipping if that was the case.

Barbara

Old August 14th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Oh rats!!!

I do miss GJ's ((sigh))

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _
Enness Boofhead Donut
Now in hibernation with a wake-up call for Spring!
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"chris" mrsrattyAThotmailDOTcom wrote in message
u...
:
: "Cats" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats
: _ _ _ _ _ _
: ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
: ~ ~ ~
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
[...]
::-)
:
:
:
:

Old August 14th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
klh in VA

the envelopes are flat rate
but the packages go by weight which is still the cheapest and fastest
service IMHO
klh in va

Global Priority Mail http://www.usps.com/global/globalprioritymail.htm
(GPM) Economical for sending packages 4 pounds and under to 51 major
countries. Starts at $4.25 4-6 days Priority Handling, Print Shipping
Labels