Grrrrrrr!

Old August 18th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens

Default Grrrrrrr!

Arranged to use the tables at a local church hall last night to pin-baste
the large basketball themed quilt I am making. Everything went fine until I
opened the king-size batting.
Someone had cut a couple of chunks from one corner!
I think I bought it at Wal*art some time ago, and was saving it for a
project that required such a large batt!
I pin basted 3/4 of the top and now have to find some extra batting to piece
together!
I presume someone bought it, took what they needed then rolled it up back
into the package and returned it!

--
Susan in Kingston ON
staying cool quilting in the basement

http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston

Old August 18th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Toni Schneidt

OMG!!! Susan, how horrible! I have pieced batting before, and so far have
had no trouble with it. Just make sure the edges you are joining are
straight, and use a zig-zag stitch. Ask me how I know, LOL
Toni / Indiana

Old August 18th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Susan Torrens" wrote:

Arranged to use the tables at a local church hall last night to pin-baste
the large basketball themed quilt I am making. Everything went fine until I
opened the king-size batting.
Someone had cut a couple of chunks from one corner!
I think I bought it at Wal*art some time ago, and was saving it for a
project that required such a large batt!
I pin basted 3/4 of the top and now have to find some extra batting to piece
together!
I presume someone bought it, took what they needed then rolled it up back
into the package and returned it!

--
Susan in Kingston ON
staying cool quilting in the basement

http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston

Oh, how awful, Susan! I am constantly surprised at the depths to which
some people sink. :S
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 18th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

I'm not particularly surprised at how low some people will sink, but I am
impressed that someone could conceivably re-roll and package a kingsize batt
after stealing a couple of chunks. That would be a daunting task, maybe
even more tedious than refolding a highway map. I would think that the
amputations happened at the factory and the manufacturer would hear from me.
Gently, of course. Then I'd send the gators. Polly

Old August 18th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Are you sure it might not have just been bad when it was originally
packaged? Once you get batting out of the bag it never goes back
very well. It clearly looks like it different than those in original
state. Even so that doesn't help your problem. I think Sandy F.
just had a problem having to re-pin a whole quilt. Rats!
Taria

Old August 18th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens

Someone obviously went to a lot of trouble. They cut two large squares from
both corners on one side, and then a curved bit as well!
I have most of the batting stitched together, then will continue to pin
baste!
I think I'll just be happy when this quilt is finished and on its way to
China!

Old August 19th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Your last sentence made me smile. It made me think of all the grumbling we
do about the cheapo quilts we see FROM China!
This seemed like a reversal of that. Bombard them with great quilts!!!!
KJ

Old August 20th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens

I'm trying! My brother and his new wife have a wallhanging as well as a
queen-size quilt. This new one will be for her son, Steven, who is a huge
basketball fan.

Old August 20th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

*TTFW!!! Pat in VA/USA

*Too Tacky For Words
.... a Southernism I think.