OT - update on missing son

Old June 24th 05, 04:47 AM
Marlys in Indiana

Default OT - update on missing son

Sorry to report that he still has not been found. Several people think they
MIGHT have seen him along I-15 between Victorville and Barstow. If he is
the man that they have seen, it would appear that he has been affected
by being in the elements and he is totally disoriented and is in need of
medical attention. Again - IF this man seen is in fact my son.
Another website that my second daughter-in-law initiated through the
national missing persons registry below:

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200502993S

I still have hopes that he is alive. My second son and wife are heading
back out there again in hopes of finding out more or finding him.
That's about all I can say for now. But thanks to everyone for all of the
good wishes and prayers for all of us. It is a comfort. Thank you so much.
Marlys in Indiana

--

http://community.webshots.com/user/marletts

Old June 24th 05, 05:30 AM
Pauline O'Connell

Thanks for giving us an update Marlys. I think about your son every day &
hope that he will soon be found. I know this must be terribly distressing
for his family - I can't imagine the worry you are all going through.

Pauline

Old June 24th 05, 05:31 AM
teleflora

Marlys, I think about you and your situation every night when I go to sleep.
I wish there was something I could do for you. I can't imagine anything
harder.

Cindy

Old June 24th 05, 07:57 AM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Prayers continuing from MO. More cyber hugs going out to you, too.

Leslie

Old June 24th 05, 08:06 AM
M Rimmer

In message KnLue.83626$_o.10999@attbi_s71, Marlys in Indiana
writes

I still have hopes that he is alive. My second son and wife are heading
back out there again in hopes of finding out more or finding him.
That's about all I can say for now. But thanks to everyone for all of the
good wishes and prayers for all of us. It is a comfort. Thank you so much.

This is so cruel, I wish you had certain knowledge of his whereabouts,
instead of tantalising rumours. You have such strength, Marlys. You're
still in my prayers, along with your son and all your family. I'm still
asking for a miracle.
--
M Rimmer

Old June 24th 05, 08:25 AM
Quiltshophopper

My heart has been breaking for you and your family ever since you first told
us about Mark. I think about you every day, and I hope that he is found
safe and is reunited with you. I look at dishevled people walking along the
roads now and I want to stop and make sure they aren't a missing person or
have amnesia. I want your story to be a success story, and that Mark's
ordeal will be made into a television news special on desert survival skills
and what to do in situations like broken down vehicles off roading. I also
have a thousand questions in my mind, but the biggest one is, why the hell
would that towing company turn away someone in the Mohave Desert, of all
places?!! Places of business in areas like Death Valley should be more
aware that people who don't live there need support and guidance from locals
who know the dangers and take steps that may save visitors' lives! The
towing company guy gave Mark a price, and because he didn't have the money,
he turned Mark away, thus starting a domino effect that didn't have to go
where it is now. I sincerely hope that the towing guy is suffering from
hellish guilt and will Never turn anyone away for any reason again. In a
busy city, I can see a towing company not wanting to be shorted monetary
compensation for their service, but not in an area of the country where the
extreme terrain, weather conditions, wild life and sheer expanse of
unpopulation are combined with a long history of humans perishing there. I
can't understand that.

cyndi

Old June 24th 05, 09:00 AM
Elaine Abner

Thoughts and prayers continuing to be with you and your family. Elaine

Old June 24th 05, 10:15 AM

Sending prayers and big HUGS! Michele

Old June 24th 05, 01:40 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

My prayers will continue for his safe return.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
[...]

missing quilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kris Bishop Quilting 7 April 1st 05 03:40 PM
OT - Missing posts Polly S. Beads 0 February 22nd 05 08:21 PM
AD: BOOKS...more studio cleaning...and update on me Lori Greenberg Polymer Clay 3 December 5th 03 07:14 PM
Crochet update newsletter C M Crafts Marketplace 0 October 30th 03 01:17 PM