"I Spy" rules

Old March 18th 05, 04:52 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Here's my latest:
Happy Trails

Ragmop/Sandy--it's enough to keep a kid awake! ;-D

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Your quilt, your rules.
Im making two, one for DD, one for DGS, and they wont be identicle, and
even
if they were I wouldnt go to the bother of listing the items. Let the kids
do that on a rainy day. It will help them with their handwriting and
spelling. :-)
Diana

--
I know all the answers, it's the questions I have problems with
"Irrational Number" wrote in message
Pati Cook wrote:

Anita, I don't think there are any "rules" for an "I Spy" quilt. Just
put it together any way you want. Sometimes there are 2 of the
same/similar things so that the child can match them, sometimes just
lots of different things.

Cool. I have made a "Concentration" quilt before
(two of every kind to match).

The ones I made are huge quilts, but the kids
seem to love them. Not in any alphabetical order, and I didn't even
lay
them all out to get a "good" color placement. I just tried to not have
the same main color hexes too close together.

These are supposed to be fun, so have fun when making it. (And don't
know about "extra" spaces, I just did the quilts as big as I had stuff
to cut hexes from, and yes I have some sort of repeats but tried to get
different parts of the same fabric and no two exactly the same. And I
made 3 at the same time. With different color triangles. G )

I'm making 2 or 3 at the same time. I'm toying with
all one-colour triangles or all different primary-coloured
triangles... It _IS_ fun! (I have not cut any triangles
yet; still collecting fabric.)

The HGTV site says to have a list of all the names,
do I need to do that?

-- Anita --

Old March 18th 05, 08:09 AM
nzlstar

also you can 'i spy' something red, blue, long, short, tall, hot, cold,
soft, hard, slimey, etc.
i spy something that makes honey, pollinates flowers, growls, roars,
purrs, hums, the cat loves to lie in, the birds love to wash in/eat, the dog
loves to play with, daddy loves to watch on tv, etc.
the older they get the more complicated the 'i spy' can become.
its great to think up different scientific/biological things that fit the
bill.
theres no end to the concepts or attributes you can look for/find on any
quilt .
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Diana Curtis wrote:

Your quilt, your rules.
Im making two, one for DD, one for DGS, and they wont be identicle, and
even
if they were I wouldnt go to the bother of listing the items. Let the
kids
do that on a rainy day. It will help them with their handwriting and
spelling. :-)

"Irrational Number" wrote...
I like that! They gotta do some work, too!

-- Anita --

Old March 19th 05, 07:30 AM
Pati Cook

I didn't make a list of names, or anything else. The kids would lose it
anyway....... G

Remember this is supposed to be fun, for you and the kids.

Pati, in Phx

I broke the rules Millie Doll Houses 23 February 19th 04 02:30 AM
House Rules Dukkum Needlework 0 January 20th 04 04:55 PM