What all do you do craftwise?

Old January 21st 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default What all do you do craftwise?

Trish wrote:
We still don't have any snow!:(

We have loads. Want some?

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 21st 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Eastern Edge wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:
Trish wrote:
OOO, That sounds really pretty. be sure to post a pic of it when
you're done:)

--
Trish
http://community.webshots.com/user/trishirvine

It's gonna be gorgeous! I picked out a Lizzie McGuire pattern for
her, so she's doubly tickled Nice and simple, so to show off the
fabric and tiny little bone structure she's got. Plus I'll crochet
her a black and turquoise shrug out of ladder/ribbon yarn.

It's for her to wear to her sister's confirmation this spring, for
which I am making a beautiful white-on-white cotton (DD1 has
allergic skin and can't wear synthetic fabrics) dress, with a
pastel-coloured patchwork border along the calf-length hem. Simple
and plain but perfectly suited to my dress-hating, jeans-loving
oldest girl. I just hope the pink stripe in her hair grows out
by then! If not, it'll match the shawl she's purchased

LOL Kandace had pink stripes in her hair, too, but they disappeared
really quickly. She was *not* impressed, especially since the
hairdresser *warned* her that they were not going to wash out.

Higs,
Katherine

Naw, hers are from a permanent at-home drugstore kit and are showing
NO signs of going anywhere. Oh well. It'll make for some interesting
pictures Her best friend's mom and I let them share the kit, so at
least they'll match; they're going to have similar dresses too(well,
that's the plan right now).

Seriously??? Maybe I should get one for Kandace, too. What brand did you
use?

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 21st 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I knit, crochet, cross-stitch, and am learning to spin.
Charmaine

Old January 21st 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Christine, is broomstick crochet hard? It's something I've looked at
learning. Always wanting to add to my repetoire!! lol
Charmaine

Old January 21st 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Trish:

Just a quickie quesiton here.
At approx. what age do they become "human" again....I really need to have
something to look forward to.
My daughter turns 17 next month!

Donna from near Niagara Falls, Canada

"Trish" wrote in message
Hey! Pink stripes are the least of your worries Mom!(LOL)

Believe me, I raised 2 girls too!(LOL) But they do become human again.:)

--
Trish
http://community.webshots.com/user/trishirvine
http://www.geocities.com/marshalldouglas2001/

"Eastern Edge" wrote in message
oups.com...

Trish wrote:
[...]

Michelle

Old January 21st 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Gee, my daughter is quite an acceptable adult - of course, she is 43.
Seriously, I didn't have any problems that I knew about after she went
off to college -- now you did notice the qualification, right? Though
actually, she lived at home one more summer after her first year at
college and that was ok too, We actually traveled together once when
she was in her early twenties and it was very nice.
The boys took longer but things are great now - we enjoy each other
when they visit and they live their own lives elsewhere most of the
time.

Then, of course, there are the grandkids -- and I just get to enjoy
them while their parents put up with the growing pains.

Old age is under-rated.

Old January 21st 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Donna D. wrote:
Hi Trish:

Just a quickie quesiton here.
At approx. what age do they become "human" again....I really need to
have something to look forward to.
My daughter turns 17 next month!

LOL That varies from child to child. For example, # 1 son became human after
he joined the Navy. # 2 son, who is now 34, still isn't. g As a general
rule, they become human when they grow up, which takes time, and usually
involves them leaving home.

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 21st 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Shirley Shone wrote:
In message . com,
Eastern Edge writes

Qintes wrote:
So far I only knit but I plan on learing to crochete eventually too. I
wonder what everyone here is involved in?

Pam

Hi Pam

Belated welcome to RCTY from me.

My current passions are crochet (wire and yarn) and sewing (clothing
and one BIG fleece blanket). I'm also a fledgling quilter (a couple of
baby quilts and wall hangings; first major project I just rotary-cut
today for DS's 5th birthday), can knit (try not to, though), and have
cross-stitched in the past. I'll also try anything that catches my
eye; recent projects have been beaded jewelry, painting various
objects, a glass-on-glass candleholder, some bits of fabric flower
arranging, Christmas ornaments (painted wood, painted glass, beaded), a
padded fabric noteboard...basically anything that catches my eye in a
craft store. Plus the requisite paper-and-glue-and-pompoms things with
my children, one of which can crochet (G, 7 1/2), one of which won't
learn (I, 10 1/2) and the last of which I'm afraid to let near
anything that can be a weapon (T's almost five, gimme a break!).

Here's a photo album of some of my stuff. I made the dresses you see
and most of the knitted/crocheted stuff, except the purple lacey
sweater G has on in the 2004 photo.

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qui...r=/71cd&.src=p
h&.tok=phyi66DBMHCpaYfm

Michelle

You have certainly been busy and I love all of the hats. Do you make
your own designs.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk

Hi Shirley

Yup, mostly my own designs. Nothing written down either, so no use
asking! I take inspiration from wherever I can find it; photos, RTW
things, patterns, knitting patterns, different textures. Wherever,
whenever; mostly while I'm driving, it seems. Very strange, that.

Michelle

Old January 21st 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Katherine wrote:

Naw, hers are from a permanent at-home drugstore kit and are showing
NO signs of going anywhere. Oh well. It'll make for some interesting
pictures Her best friend's mom and I let them share the kit, so at
least they'll match; they're going to have similar dresses too(well,
that's the plan right now).

Seriously??? Maybe I should get one for Kandace, too. What brand did you
use?

Higs,
Katherine

It was Colour Rays in the fuschia colour. It's marked with a warning
that it's for darker hair. My girl's was medium brown, the friend's
was light brown. My girl's is just perfect bright pink, while her
friend's is rather flourescent. There's a LOT in it; perhaps you can
take a little snip, or do a stripe on the nape that can be hidden
underneath, to make sure it won't be too bright to have on top. That's
what we did; she's got several stripes on the nape that can only be
seen when she wears her hair up, and her chin-length bang is pink.
One hint; if it touches an eyebrow, wipe it off immediately! (don't
ask how I know...let's just say the friend has a small polka dot)

Michelle