amish quilt

Old January 29th 04, 08:50 PM
BDS2pds

Default amish quilt

I decided to make an amish type tumbling blocks quilt but now have made a
mistake and it is too late to do anything about it. I used black for the top
on all and then light/dark shades of orange~red~blue~green~yellow. It is great
and worked fine but I used black as the side background and now see that was a
mistake. It is on the sides in little pieces and along the top. What to do?
Do I now have to machine embroider in those ? That would look weird! Any
suggestions would be great! I already cut out MANY of those black background
pieces but should I rip them out and put in another color? ugh.
Old January 29th 04, 09:11 PM
KittyG

Hi! Do you have any pics? That might help us understand the problem
better. Sure to find some good advice here

kitty in phx

--
Remove "s" and "i" in email to respond.
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

Old January 29th 04, 09:35 PM
Diana Curtis

Turn the quilt on its side so the black blocks are not the sides?
Diana, giving it a shot in the dark.

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old January 29th 04, 09:35 PM
cozy

what does black side blocks have to do with machine embroidery?

--
email: change the word cozy to cozyhomelife and change the word netscape to
net

Old January 29th 04, 09:59 PM
BDS2pds

Here is an example.
http://www.amishcountrylanes.com/IEv...l?hs679&google

I like the dramatic effect of having the top of the block black but when son
decided he wanted the backing to be black to make it more of an art quilt ,I
just used black as the fill ins for the top and sides too. Maybe it will work
; what do you think?

Old January 29th 04, 11:22 PM
Dr. Quilter

I am not sure what the mistake is either.... you don't like having so
much black?

"BDS2pds" wrote in message

[...]

Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

Old January 30th 04, 01:00 AM
cozy

I actually don't get their version.... is that aqua part of the tumbling
block quilt... or is it under the tumbling block quilt? It's so weird if
it is part of the same quilt... aqua doesn't go with anything else..... I
don't get it....

Old January 30th 04, 01:40 PM
BDS2pds

Sorry for the irregular picture. I have mine in blue/yellow/green/red and Yes,
what I am not sure about is where the black edging pieces meet the black top of
the box.