Beading Pet Peeves - whats yours??

Old December 23rd 08, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Default Beading Pet Peeves - whats yours??

In message , Sterling
writes
Mine -

For several years now, I've been buying these great clear
multi-compartment storage boxes at ACMoore
to keep my beads in. When I first started using them as my storage
solution, they were perfect -
and still are in many ways. Recently, however, they started putting a
sticker on the top of each
box. A STICKER on a CLEAR box! Can anyone tell me why? I mean, it
costs money for the adhesive
for the sticker and there is definitely no need for it. They used to
put a plain label under the
cellophane cover. That worked great cause all I had to do is peel away
the cellophane and throw it
and the label away. Now, they put stickers on the top. Does this make
any sense?? I mean the
reason we buy CLEAR boxes is because we want to see whats inside the
box - right?

I just spent an hour and untold amounts of lighter fluid cleaning these
pesky labels off the top...
Yeah, it would be easier to just buy a different box, but when you set
up your bead storage with a
certain kind of container, you want to continue to use that same
container.... UUGH!! Whats with
the sticky labels??

Sterling

My pet peeve is to see a design in a USA mag. and cannot get the bits
for it in UK.
By the time I have got them all together I have gone off the idea. LOL
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old December 23rd 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
melinda[_2_]

Shirley Shone wrote:
[...]

Getting what I need/want when I want it. I've got two online
places I order from here in Oz, they're both really good, but
I needed some 2 cut 2mm bugles for a project but haf to settle
for normal 2mm bugles in the colour I wanted as the only place
that had the bugles in the colour I needed was out of stock of
the 2 cut. We used to have a couple of bead shops locally but
I think we only have one left now.
I store quite a few of my beads in the little mustard jars,
Masterfoods mustard comes in glass jars with a screw on plastic
lid. I just peel off the label and put them through the
dishwasher, the glue usually comes off first go. I really
should get at least on more plastic tray box to store stuff in.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

Beading Pet Peeves - whats yours?? Maren at google Beads 0 December 23rd 08 09:46 AM
Knitting Peeves? DA Yarn 90 October 13th 05 08:05 PM
Pet peeves when looking at auctions Su/Cutworks Beads 12 January 23rd 05 12:03 AM
OT- Pet peeves Joanne Passmore Quilting 35 January 18th 05 07:52 AM