News about Nordic Needle's retreat

Old April 16th 12, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

Default News about Nordic Needle's retreat

Just thought some of you might be interested in watching this news
article that was on our local news the other night. It's about the
first-ever male attendee at Nordic Needle's annual retreat.

Bravo for him!

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/62222/group/News/

P.S. Whatever happened to George????

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown
Old April 16th 12, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

"ndjoan" wrote in message
Just thought some of you might be interested in watching this news article
that was on our local news the other night. It's about the first-ever
male attendee at Nordic Needle's annual retreat.

Bravo for him!

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/62222/group/News/

P.S. Whatever happened to George????

--
Joan

Thanks for sharing that interesting story, Joan! Good for Robert for not
hesitating to join a predominately
female group to do something he obviously enjoys.

We have a male stitcher who regularly joins in the annual stitching retreats
held in Prince Edward
Island. He's a very integral member of the group and literally keeps
everyone 'in stitches' for the
whole weekend! He, also, does lovely work!

Mavia

Old April 18th 12, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 4/16/12 11:24 AM, in article , "ndjoan"
wrote:

Just thought some of you might be interested in watching this news
article that was on our local news the other night. It's about the
first-ever male attendee at Nordic Needle's annual retreat.

Bravo for him!

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/62222/group/News/

Interesting. Not quite the same, but DH has been to a couple of ANG
seminars with me. And there is a Scottish guy, Jonathan Brown, who attends
the ANG seminar, generally every other year - and when in San Antonio won
the Princess Grace Award, which is for a piece done in all Tent stitch. It
is amazing. Can be seen on the photos of the ANG discussion Yahoo site-
I'll ask Jonathan if I can put a snap at RCTNP - it's an amazing piece - he
did it in sections of the Tartans of all the Scots who were at the Alamo.
FWIW - I'm quite friendly with he & his wife - we all met at seminar in
Lexington years ago. They both stitch, and she's a certified Japanese
Embroidery Teacher - lovely folks - my DH was at that seminar as company -we
all met at some ice cream social, so.....

Anyhow - Bruce, if you go with Maureen to stitching things, well, it's like
my DH keeping me company. Though, when the area shop asso has put on some
retreats I've been teaching & taking some little classes & stitching, DH has
helped out, and had a good time as well.

P.S. Whatever happened to George????

Which George?

Ellice

Old April 18th 12, 08:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 4/18/12 1:21 PM, in article ,
" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

George who was here years ago - he used to do enormous cross stitch
pieces, all designed by himself. I am wracking my memory for his
surname. I know he had troublesome prostate cancer, so wondered when
we didn't hear anymore from him. It was a Germanic/Dutch type of
surname.

I remember - that's kind of who I thought. Didn't he do the very realistic
things ?

Old April 19th 12, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 4/18/12 3:25 PM, Ellice K. wrote:

wrote:

[...]

George Blum - he's on FB...
Cheryl
Old April 20th 12, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

On 4/18/2012 7:46 PM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

George Blum - he's on FB...

Cheryl, why don't you invite him back here (I'm not on FB or I would)?
Tell him we miss him, at least!

Old April 21st 12, 12:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 4/20/12 11:15 AM, ndjoan wrote:
On 4/18/2012 7:46 PM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

George Blum - he's on FB...

Cheryl, why don't you invite him back here (I'm not on FB or I would)?
Tell him we miss him, at least!

I'll drop him a note and do just that
Old April 21st 12, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default George B - was News about Nordic Needle's retreat

On 4/21/12 7:45 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 4/20/12 11:15 AM, ndjoan wrote:
On 4/18/2012 7:46 PM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

George Blum - he's on FB...

Cheryl, why don't you invite him back here (I'm not on FB or I would)?
Tell him we miss him, at least!

I'll drop him a note and do just that

He'll drop by when he returns home

Cheryl

Nordic Needle Newsletter Susan Hartman[_2_] Needlework 1 December 13th 10 11:17 PM
Nordic Needle? lewmew Needlework 18 July 21st 06 10:10 PM
Nordic Needle experience? KCat Needlework 20 August 21st 05 02:21 AM
Nordic Needle anticipation Brenda Needlework 1 December 22nd 04 05:45 PM
Nordic Needle email newsletter Phyllis Maurer Needlework 5 October 22nd 04 12:01 AM