New Blackwork Freebie

Old February 1st 11, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

Default New Blackwork Freebie

"Liadain" wrote in message
On Jan 31, 4:59 am, wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 23:49:43 -0800 (PST), Liadain

wrote:
Hi! Wanted to share a new original blackwork design - go to
www.practicalblackwork.com/id20.html and look for the "New Stuff"
box.
It's called "Ukrainian Rhapsody" (yep, was listening to Queen...) and
is my blackwork take on traditional Ukrainian folk designs...
Hope you enjoy it, and send me pics!

Liadain
Practical Blackwork Designs

Looks a lot like selling rather than sharing !

Sorry you feel that way - yes, I do sell patterns. I'm homebound with
MS and that's how I make my little bit of pin money. But Ukrainian
Rhapsody and a number of other patterns are free as "advertised",
along with links to other designers' free stuff, their shops, and all
the interesting/useful blackwork info I can find and get permission to
share.

Here's a different link directly to the free stuff -
http://www.practicalblackwork.com/id21.html
Use that and I promise you don't have to see ANYTHING anyone is
selling.

Liadain

No need to apologize, Liadain! Your free design was right there on the page
you gave as your first link.
It's lovely and I appreciate it as I'm sure others do also. You have a lot
of good information on your
website along with other free designs and Tutorials. Hopefully it might
encourage some to try a new technique.

What a refreshing change to have a designer post about her latest design! As
a needlework newsgroup we should
be encouraging more designers to do so. It would be nice to know what's new
in the needlework world, especially
when you live in a small province without a needlework shop.

I wish you well with Millefiori and hope that those who were asking about
the pattern will now see that it's available
on your website.

Mavia

Old February 2nd 11, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

"Karen C in Calif" wrote in message
Mavia wrote:
I wish you well with Millefiori and hope that those who were asking about
the pattern will now see that it's available
on your website.

Mavia

It's been ordered. Now I have to go buy the thread I have in mind and
decide what count fabric said thread will go best with.

--

Karen C - California

Please post pictures of your progress, Karen. Did you mention you were
planning to use a variety of colors? That should be interesting!

Mavia

Blackwork mommaschell Needlework 4 July 29th 07 12:48 PM
blackwork T Michelle Jensen Needlework 10 October 25th 06 11:02 PM
blackwork bdiane Quilting 14 July 23rd 05 10:37 PM
blackwork bdiane Quilting 1 July 20th 05 07:42 PM
blackwork BDS2pds Needlework 1 August 31st 04 03:23 PM