A Finish!!! Whoo Hoo!!!

Old September 12th 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

Default A Finish!!! Whoo Hoo!!!

Check out my finish!!

Drop Box - Cathy King - Picasa Web Albums

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA
Old September 13th 10, 12:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

I think this link will work.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10676446...519765 324482

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA
Old September 13th 10, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 9/13/2010 7:01 AM, Cathy from KY in CA wrote:
I think this link will work.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10676446...519765 324482

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Lovely! That was a lot of work!! Where will it hang?

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old September 13th 10, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

On 9/13/2010 8:01 AM, Susan Hartman wrote:
On 9/13/2010 7:01 AM, Cathy from KY in CA wrote:
I think this link will work.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10676446...519765 324482

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Lovely! That was a lot of work!! Where will it hang?

sue

Oh WOW!!!!

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old September 13th 10, 02:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Cathy from KY in CA wrote:
I think this link will work.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10676446...519765 324482

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Wow, that is gorgeous. How long did it take???? I suspect that if I
started on it, it would be and UFO!!

Gillian
Old September 13th 10, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/13/10 7:01 AM, in article
, "Cathy
from KY in CA" wrote:

I think this link will work.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10676446...y=Gv1sRgCN6j9O
z6qLDIGA#5516141519765324482

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Lovely! some day, a Long Dog will grace my time!

Cheryl

Old September 14th 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

"Nancy" wrote in message
On Sep 13, 7:01 am, Cathy from KY in CA wrote:
I think this link will work.

http://picasaweb.google.com/10676446...ox?authkey=Gv1...

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

How beautiful!!!

Nancy

When I tried to access the picture it said there were no public albums. Has
it been taken down?

Mavia

Old September 14th 10, 12:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

When I tried to access the picture it said there were no public albums. *Has
it been taken down?

Mavia

to eveyone,

No, it's still there. I started it three years ago, but it was a UFO
for about two years of the time. I'm
not sure where it will hang.....will have to see how much framing cost
are. I'm sure it will be pricey
because it is 10 1/2 by 18 1/2.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments! I started on another UFO
yesterday evening....I think UFOs are going
to be my focus for the next year or so. I have several beautiful
projects that really should be finished!!

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA
Old September 15th 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 9/14/2010 3:03 PM, Karen C - California wrote:
Cathy, take your piece around to several framers for quotes.

A friend had told me she was paying $400 for framing, so when my local
framer quoted me $100 for something of similar size, I asked what he
left out. Some of the difference was that she uses wider/more expensive
framing, but that didn't account for all of it.

Finally realized her framer is in a suburban area with
money-is-no-object doctors' wives. Mine is in a neighborhood of poor
starving artists.

She now drives her FUFOs downtown to use my framer, and saves a bunch.

It's not only that. Frames differ hugely in price by brand. Once when I
was looking at a frame I really, really liked but was out of my league,
the clerk said, "Try this one, it's almost identical and a fraction of
the price." And it turned out to be around 1/2 the price of the first
one I saw.

(Thank you, Stitching Post in Catonsville, MD. Great framing, reasonable
prices!)

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old September 15th 10, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

On Sep 14, 12:03*pm, Karen C - California wrote:
*Mine is in a neighborhood of poor
starving artists.

She now drives her FUFOs downtown to use my framer, and saves a bunch.

--

Karen C - California

Who is your framer..and where at downtown?? I've been to Frame It Up
at Arden and Howe. They can be pretty reasonable
as they help you frame it yourself. I always do my own lacing.

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA

Whoo hoo! Kathyl Quilting 13 August 31st 10 10:16 AM
whoo hoo! Kellie J. Berger Quilting 0 April 28th 06 04:39 AM
Whoo Hoo! Teacher Gal Quilting 1 December 11th 05 01:43 PM
Whoo hoo... LC aka Fiddy Beads 3 November 28th 04 09:32 PM
Whoo-hoo Cheryl Beads 8 March 27th 04 09:32 PM