hello - so what is everyone up to

Old October 11th 11, 11:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default hello - so what is everyone up to

I finally finished off the first part of a round robin I'm in and it
will be winging its way down to south shortly.

While I wait for the next part to come through, I'm working on a set of
penguin ornaments I found in The Stitchery catalog, DD has gone penguin
crazy in the last year, so it was a natural. I may have to scan in Perry
the Platypus (and his alter ego Agent P) and go them as ornies also. (If
you happen to spot the cartoon Phineas and Ferb, watch it. In some ways
it reminds me of the layered humor of the 40's vintage Warner Brothers
stuff)

otherwise, I'm back at my seasonal job, working lots of hours and today
will be the first of two major garden clean up days this week. Oh and
lunch with Margaret.

Cheryl
Old October 11th 11, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

I'll step in.

I haven't picked up a needle since we got home from vacation.
While on vacation I got about 2/3 of the Textile Heritage
Lilies of the Valley bookmark done but none since.

Since then it's been yard cleanup, cellar cleanup and winter/
summer closet switches. The last two during the rainy days.
And of course we had 80s after the closet switch.

There is an orni in the latest JSC that I want to do and had to
find a Sullivan to DMC conversion for it.

OH, and before we went on vacation I discovered OttLite's new
30light LED portable lamp. They were on sale at Joann's so I picked
one up. Put in the batteries and NO GO. No matter what I did
it would not light up. So I return it and was hoping to get another,
only if I could test it. But they had none left and the clerk
wouldn't have opened the clamshell package if they had had one.
Fast forward to 2 days before we were to leave. DB headed to
Office Depot to pick up something for DM. He calls and asks if
I want one of those lamps for $15, half the "sale price" at
Joann's. Why not. Sowhat if it's plain white instead of patterned.
This one did work and I had a much lighter OttLite to carry along
on vacation.

I have done some reading and am currently reading A.D.Scott's
A Double Death on the Black Isle, set in the remote Scottish
Highlands in the 1950s.

Nancy

Old October 11th 11, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 10/11/2011 6:31 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I finally finished off the first part of a round robin I'm in and it
will be winging its way down to south shortly.

While I wait for the next part to come through, I'm working on a set of
penguin ornaments I found in The Stitchery catalog, DD has gone penguin
crazy in the last year, so it was a natural. I may have to scan in Perry
the Platypus (and his alter ego Agent P) and go them as ornies also. (If
you happen to spot the cartoon Phineas and Ferb, watch it. In some ways
it reminds me of the layered humor of the 40's vintage Warner Brothers
stuff)

otherwise, I'm back at my seasonal job, working lots of hours and today
will be the first of two major garden clean up days this week. Oh and
lunch with Margaret.

Cheryl

haven't stitched in months. Will try to get to it after I get home.
Right now, I am packed, and waiting for everyone else to get ready, and
head to the airport in Orlando.

The guys want us to be there REAL early.............can't quite aee why.
Oh well, we can always eat lunch there. Flight leaves 5.55, and we
should be there by 1 ish!

Aya and I have booked a 11 hr coach tour to Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath
for one day's outing. Having tea with family members at Fortnum and
Masons in Piccadilly on Sunday. Will be back next wednesday.

Gill
Old October 12th 11, 05:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

I'm nearly finished with Earth Spirit (Northern Pines Designs)...just
the last 2 rows of the 2-sided border.

Cheryl, are you ready for this pattern? Be warned...the colors on the
pattern are much less vibrant than in RL!
They are light blues on the pattern but are really varying shades of
bright turquoise. I took a pic of what I had done next to the pattern
and you can see it he
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...71507084vHcLvf

After this is done, I'll be working on the *last 2* pieces of my
nativity set...the camels. WooHOoooooo!

Joan
Old October 12th 11, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

"Joan E." wrote in message
I'm nearly finished with Earth Spirit (Northern Pines Designs)...just
the last 2 rows of the 2-sided border.

Cheryl, are you ready for this pattern? Be warned...the colors on the
pattern are much less vibrant than in RL!
They are light blues on the pattern but are really varying shades of
bright turquoise. I took a pic of what I had done next to the pattern
and you can see it he
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...71507084vHcLvf

After this is done, I'll be working on the *last 2* pieces of my
nativity set...the camels. WooHOoooooo!

Joan

I recently finished Kathy Holicky's Forest of Lights.

http://www.stitchers-paradise.com/Ca...%20(Small).jpg

I'll post a picture in RCTNP.

Mavia

Old October 13th 11, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

On Oct 12, 4:10*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

* sure!

Watch for it sometime next week!

Old October 13th 11, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:13:02 -0300, "Mavia"
wrote:

"Joan E." wrote in message
I'm nearly finished with Earth Spirit (Northern Pines Designs)...just
the last 2 rows of the 2-sided border.

Cheryl, are you ready for this pattern? Be warned...the colors on the
pattern are much less vibrant than in RL!
They are light blues on the pattern but are really varying shades of
bright turquoise. I took a pic of what I had done next to the pattern
and you can see it he
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...71507084vHcLvf

After this is done, I'll be working on the *last 2* pieces of my
nativity set...the camels. WooHOoooooo!

Joan

I recently finished Kathy Holicky's Forest of Lights.

http://www.stitchers-paradise.com/Ca...%20(Small).jpg

I'll post a picture in RCTNP.

Mavia

It's lovely Mavia but I prefer the one before that, that's gorgeous !

Thanks Sheena! I had to go back and see which one you meant. That was a
free design from the Caron website. I forget the name of the designer.
I had it matted and put in the top of a box.

Mavia

Old October 14th 11, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/13/11 3:34 PM, Joan E. wrote:
On Oct 12, 4:10 pm, Cheryl wrote:

sure!

Watch for it sometime next week!

thank you!
Old October 14th 11, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/12/11 1:13 PM, Mavia wrote:

"Joan E." wrote in message
I'm nearly finished with Earth Spirit (Northern Pines Designs)...just
the last 2 rows of the 2-sided border.

Cheryl, are you ready for this pattern? Be warned...the colors on the
pattern are much less vibrant than in RL!
They are light blues on the pattern but are really varying shades of
bright turquoise. I took a pic of what I had done next to the pattern
and you can see it he
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...71507084vHcLvf

After this is done, I'll be working on the *last 2* pieces of my
nativity set...the camels. WooHOoooooo!

Joan

I recently finished Kathy Holicky's Forest of Lights.

http://www.stitchers-paradise.com/Ca...%20(Small).jpg

I'll post a picture in RCTNP.

Mavia

I like that

-
Penguin #6 is almost done - he/she was the easiest count in from the
edges! LOL