OT I ggot a job!

Old March 4th 11, 03:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

Default OT I ggot a job!

--
Margaret St. John
Old March 4th 11, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

Congratulations! Are you going to tell us about it?

Mavia

"Margaret St. John" wrote in message
.. .

--
Margaret St. John

Old March 4th 11, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 3/3/11 10:02 PM, in article ,
"Margaret St. John" wrote:

Excellent news! I'm at least being kept in the loop from the hopeful to be
new employers - just the waiting game now...

Margaret - are you going to share more????

Ellice

Old March 4th 11, 07:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liadain

On Mar 3, 8:02*pm, "Margaret St. John"
* * * *Margaret St. John *

Congratulations!

Liadain

Old March 4th 11, 01:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2011-03-04, Margaret St. John wrote:

Odd there was an entire post here, that dissappeared.
It felt so good to wake up this morning and not put on a suit or worry
about phone interviews. I have been interviewing like crazy these last 5
weeks. Not a bad thing, but pretty stressful. I spent most of the
afternoon yesterday calling various recuriters and companies to let them
know I accepted an offer, and would no longer be avilable for followup
interviews.

Anyway I'll still be doing software quality assurance but in a different
industry. I'll be working for a cloud computing software company. It's very new
cutting edge technology. I'm very excited to be learning something that
not many people have even heard of yet. Yes it's similar to the
Microsoft comercials you may have seen on TV with the tag line "to the
cloud". I start Monday ! Yay!

I already rewarded myself with registering for Celebrations, and my DH
made reservations for one of my favorite expensive restaurants for this
evening. I am looking forward to getting dressed up and going out, and
not in a suit!

I hope everyone else that is out of work finds something soon.
-Margaret in MA
--
Margaret St. John
Old March 4th 11, 02:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Mar 4, 8:37*am, "Margaret St. John"
wrote:
On 2011-03-04, Margaret St. John wrote:

[...]

Congratulations!!! It must be a wonderful feeling.

Nancy
Old March 7th 11, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 3/4/11 8:37 AM, in article ,

On 2011-03-04, Margaret St. John wrote:

Odd there was an entire post here, that dissappeared.
It felt so good to wake up this morning and not put on a suit or worry
about phone interviews. I have been interviewing like crazy these last 5
weeks. Not a bad thing, but pretty stressful. I spent most of the
afternoon yesterday calling various recuriters and companies to let them
know I accepted an offer, and would no longer be avilable for followup
interviews.

Well, those are sort of good calls, and at least it's polite so speaks well
for you doing that - not slamming any doors.

Anyway I'll still be doing software quality assurance but in a different
industry. I'll be working for a cloud computing software company. It's very
new
cutting edge technology. I'm very excited to be learning something that
not many people have even heard of yet. Yes it's similar to the
Microsoft comercials you may have seen on TV with the tag line "to the
cloud". I start Monday ! Yay!

Sounds like a great fit! Enjoy.

I already rewarded myself with registering for Celebrations, and my DH
made reservations for one of my favorite expensive restaurants for this
evening. I am looking forward to getting dressed up and going out, and
not in a suit!

LOL - excellent rewards. Of course, I think I'm in the opposite - enjoying
what are hopefully the last couple of weeks in casual wear. Hoping the job
comes through - dreading a bit the "being dressed" all the time - though I
won't do suits every day. I think it's more that I'll have to do the
slightly dressier than business casual as in have the jacket/sweater
something to make a complete outfit all the time. Men have it so easy -
they just keep a sport coat/blazer in the office.

Hope it was a great dinner, and Celebrations will no doubt be lots of fun.

I hope everyone else that is out of work finds something soon.
-Margaret in MA

Good wishes - from your hopeful typing to the fates that rule us - so to
speak.

I'm getting updates from the prospective new employer - they're very hopeful
that this contract will be awarded to them - and then it's hit the ground
running time.

Hoping everyone else is finding work as needs be.

Ellice

Old March 8th 11, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2011-03-07, Ellice K. wrote:
On 3/4/11 9:05 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 13:37:50 +0000 (UTC), "Margaret St. John"
wrote:

Anyway I'll still be doing software quality assurance but in a different
industry. I'll be working for a cloud computing software company. It's very
new
cutting edge technology. I'm very excited to be learning something that
not many people have even heard of yet. Yes it's similar to the
Microsoft comercials you may have seen on TV with the tag line "to the
cloud". I start Monday ! Yay!

Do keep us in the know, I figure it is the way it will go but I really
want to hold on to my pc and all the memory it contains, here, not up
there

There was an interesting discussion about cloud computing, pros, cons,
technology on NPR's Science Friday last week. Might be worth picking up the
feed to get some info, links. They were pointing out the issues with free
service vs pay for, what happens with lost data, and the entire picture.
Also talked about keeping your data yourself, and back-up systems, etc.

I think if you go to the NPR website you can find podcast downloads for
prior shows, if you're interested.

Ellice

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.
-Margaret
--
Margaret St. John

Old March 11th 11, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

Default OT Update was OT I ggot a job!

So as the job seeking around continues, and we keep good wishes for the
Earthquake/Tsunami situation, here's a little update.

Still keeping fingers crossed about the potential new job - however - got
e-mail today from them asking me to pick my computer system. As they want
to get things set-up for folks to be able to hit the deck running. Pretty
exciting. Even better for me - their preference - Macs - though you can
have a Windows machine if that's your desire. The Macs come with Windows as
well - laptops, can get extra monitor, keyboard, etc. Oh, not to start a
war, but the IT manager said "we've found the Mac users experience less
downtime due to computer problems..." They do the standard software,
carrying case (or backpack) and then it's let us know what else you'll need.

Who knows - I may actually get to have a real job again......hope springs
eternal.

Ellice

part time job abi silampu Needlework 0 October 27th 09 04:08 PM
OT - job interview for British Railways Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) Needlework 0 March 20th 09 08:56 AM
AD: color sorted (un-dyed) Job's Tears Maren at google Beads 2 January 10th 09 12:44 AM
The perfect job? Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) Needlework 2 November 24th 08 08:48 PM