Show and Tell for Shirley

Old December 2nd 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Default Show and Tell for Shirley

Wow, Lisa! Some amazing work you've done!! I really enjoyed looking at
everything! The quilted boxes are just incredible.

You have a lovely family, too. I liked the picture of your three boys where
two of them are kind of smirking.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
Hi Shirley,
I've mostly lurked over the last year or so. I took a job where I work 50+
hours a week and I am so tired when I get home that I just don't get much
done anymore. I haven't made much in the way of jewelry, but I do have
one
new thing to share, a bracelet that I made this fall. It is in my
"Jewelry"
album on picturetrails, first picture listed, and the link is in my
signature.

There is another album that has some beadwork too. It's the "It's My Bag
Challenge" album. there is a bit of bead embroidery on the music box I
made.

I know you are a gardener, perhaps you will enjoy looking at my garden
project album too.

On a personal note, my eldest son got married in October to a young woman
who has a 2 yr old girl. There are some nice pictures in "My Family" album
from their visit. Andy and Chelsie are also expecting their first child, a
boy, in March. I am to be a grand mother :-). Andy was just promoted to
Sergeant and he is stationed at Ft. Collins in Colorado. We are hoping so
much that he will be there when the baby is born and will not be sent to
Iraq, yet again.

If you don't mind OT posts, I will have some Christmas ornaments to share
soon. I am trying to make some ornaments for them for their first
Christmas
tree.

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old December 2nd 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

In message , Lisa Caryl
writes
[...]

Thank you for letting me look at your work. There are some really
fabulous things to see.. The quilts are gorgeous and I love the seascape
box. I made my first quilt this year. It is very simple compared to
yours.
Your beadwork is lovely and the watch bracelets a very good.
I have started beading a bottle. I went with the girls I used to work
with for a meal the other night and my sparkling water came in a simple
straight sided bottle. So I brought it home to make a beaded cover, Then
I shall give it to them at the restaurant

Would love to see the ornaments however they are made. I have done
several in the past.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old December 2nd 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vicky

On Dec 2, 9:11 am, "Lisa Caryl" wrote:
[...]

LOVELY ORNAMENTS ON YOUR SITE!
Old December 2nd 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Lisa Caryl[_2_]

Thank you Shirley and Vicky,
Shirley, the bottle sounds wonderful. I have thought of totally covering
things with beads, but I'm thinking fabric. Hey...there's another idea for
an ornament-maybe totally bead over the top of a pretty cotton print. I MUST
get busy!

Old December 3rd 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

That box is awesome! Wonderful job!

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weathered faces lined in pain
are soothed beneath the artist's
loving hand. - Don McLean

Old December 8th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Lisa Caryl[_2_]

Thank you Jerri,
I really love making boxes. I may never get around to making a big crazy
quilt.

I am really lucky with those boys. They are really good to me.
Lisa,
Finally getting back to posting...bad cold and long hrs at work, of
course...

Old December 8th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Lisa Caryl[_2_]

Default Needle felting

Hi Kathy,
Thank you Kathy, and I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
Head cold, work etc...
I wish I could have kept the sea scape box, or at least afforded to bid for
it! It was nice that it brought in money for great youth program though.

Needle felting seems to be the newest craze among quilters and sewists. It
can be done one of three ways, with hand held barbed needles,
http://www.mielkesfiberarts.com/flt_ndls.htm
a tool from Clover,
http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...35.22090.0.0.0
and there are also felting machines. I have this one:
http://www.huskystar.net/us/136.htm
All three methods 'felt' or mesh layers of fibers together. It is really fun
to play with. You dont just have to use wool, you can use any fiber you can
think of, and best of all, embellish with BEADS :-) I really want to find
more time to use my machine, there are so many projects I want to do.
--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

"Kathy" wrote in message
Lisa,
Your Seascape Box is wonderful. Absolutely Magical. I also love the
needlework felting.
How is that done?
KathyH

Old December 8th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Lisa Caryl[_2_]

Thank you Valerie and Roxan,
I'm hoping I can make more time for all the things I love to do this next
year. Seems like I rarely make time anymore..

OT Thank you, Shirley ~Candace~ Beads 3 April 10th 05 06:59 PM
OT - Shirley! Polly S. Beads 1 March 6th 05 10:17 AM
Shirley.......... JL Amerson Beads 6 February 19th 04 02:26 AM
Shirley OT Dr. Sooz Beads 1 January 13th 04 07:46 PM
Att Shirley ( UK) White Raven Designs Beads 8 July 29th 03 05:08 AM