who likes scraps?

Old August 13th 03, 10:30 PM
Ann Adamson

Default who likes scraps?

I have a box of fabric scraps I am going to get rid of...
it might be a treasure trove to someone else!

It is a 7" by 7" by 6" box full of squares and strips and charms and
etc! There is quite a lot of variety of fabrics in there, pretty much
all cotton...most of which are scraps of fabrics I bought at quilt
shops. Some are scraps of novelty print fabrics from lesser sources
(eBay, Walmart, Joann) and some are scraps or charms I got in swaps and
am now sure I'm never going to use. I love scrappy quilts, but I just
don't think I'm destined to make a quilt from scraps!

So, if you love this sort of thing, and if you live in the U.S. (sorry,
I don't really want to discriminate here, I just don't have the time and
energy to expend on figuring out international shipping right now) and
you're in the directory or will send me your snail-mail address, AND
(here's the catch)...you give me a great big laugh over something today
(e.g. post a good joke) I will send you a present!!

Ann

Old August 13th 03, 11:19 PM
KittyG

Here, I'll help.

Bumper Sticker Sayings:

1. Well, this day was a total waste of makeup.

2. Make yourself at home! Clean my kitchen.

3. A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.

4. Don't bother me. I'm living happily ever after.

5. Do I look like a freakin' people person?

6. This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

7. I started out with nothing & still have most of it left.

8. I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.

9. If I throw a stick, will you leave?

10. You! Off my planet!

11. I like cats, too. Let's exchange recipes.

12. Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

13. Did the aliens forget to remove your anal probe?

14. Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

15. Suburbia: where they tear out the trees & then name streets
after them.

16. Do they ever shut up on your planet?

17. I'm just working here till a good fast-food job opens up.

18. Are those your eyeballs? I found them in my cleavage.

19. I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.

20. I'm trying to imagine you with a personality.

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee
"Ann Adamson" wrote in message
.. .
Got a joke? A riddle? A funny-thing-happened-to-me-on-my-way-to-the-LQS?
Anything?

gundoc wrote:

Ann,

Email me at for the scraps. I would like to have
them. Thank you.

Marcie

Old August 13th 03, 11:26 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

WOW! Another Marcella on the list! Who would a thunk. Now we can have
an exchange like the Sandys :-)

marcella

Old August 14th 03, 01:24 AM
gundoc

Hello Marcella

Where do you live?? I live in Louisville, KY. Is there an exchange about
the Marcellas?? What kind of hobby or hobbies you like to do?? I like to do
counted cross-stitch, crochet, embroidery, crafts, sewing, genealogy,
reading, true crime stories (in real life). Also I have a 4 1/2 yrs old son
(I am 38 yrs old & married for 12 1/2 yrs now).

Marcie

Old August 14th 03, 03:28 AM
Ann Adamson

Sure, all I asked for in exchange was a giggle.
That is just a way for me to decide who to send them to if more than one
person responds. I did get a couple of e-mail responses, and am waiting
to see what gets posted here.

gundoc wrote:

Ann,

Are you giving the scraps away??? The way I see it, you said you wanted to
get rid of them so that why I asked.

Marcie
"Ann Adamson" wrote in message
.. .

Was that a beg for the scraps for yourself, or was this an assist to the

"KittyG" wrote in message

[...]

m...

gundoc wrote:

Ann,

Email me at for the scraps. I would like to

have

them. Thank you.

Marcie
. com...

Old August 14th 03, 03:39 AM
KittyG

That was an assist for Marcie. Was going to post those anyway. Sorry
if that wasn't clear.--

kitty in phx
~ever helpful~

Old August 14th 03, 04:34 AM
Ann Adamson

Yep, I was simply asking for a giggle in exchange. Luckily, KittyG helped
you out, so the scraps have found a home! A couple of others e-mailed me
some giggles too, so I will send them consolation prizes!

Ann

Old August 14th 03, 04:35 AM
Tim & Jill Pochik

I see some else has already asked for them but I am always in need of
scraps and so called ugly fabric for the quilts I make for animal
shelters and rescues.
The animals think they are all beautiful.
Thanks for wanting to share your extra treasures.
Jill