Ot Changing color when work is already done

Old March 11th 04, 06:21 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ot Changing color when work is already done

I am just finnishing a new work , and as i almost was finished ,
decided that i have to change part of the xst text`s color, So out
with the old , xst the new color ......wow , now it became clear , it
connected the work to former works of mine, it is like closing little
circles , Does it happen often to any of you ?
mirjam

Old March 11th 04, 12:26 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen)

...... So out
with the old , xst the new color ......wow , now it became clear , it
connected the work to former works of mine, it is like closing little
circles ........

This doesn't happen to me with needlework but it *does* happen when I make
quilts. I will often get a quilt top put together and look at it and it just
isn't right. It looks OK to others but to me, it's not right. It's a lot more
difficult to take out part of a quilt so I usually leave the quilt the way it
is and *add* something to it -- some trim or another border or something like
that.
I am currently working on a quilt like this. It's to be a wedding gift and
the bride sent me a clipping of a quilt she saw in one of the catalogues. The
quilt in the photo is autumn prints and not very colorful ones at that. The
bride also likes the fact that the fabric pieces are what I would consider to
be huge for a quilt -- VBS! I gathered up aappropriate fabrics and designed
an 18" block made of 3 large pieces. There is a center panel made of a pieced
fabric from India. this fabric is made of zig-zag rows of diamond shaped
pieces of fabric sew together . Rows of paisely prints alternate with rows of
light weight denim with some very narrow cotton lace trim added in the seams.
The quilt is STILL blah -- it is basically butt ugly INMSHO!! No zing to it,
it just doesn't have any movement and I am NOT happy with it.
My solution is to add some satin ribbon as trim around that large center
panel and make the binding out of a totally different fabric that coordinates
with the ribbon trim. Both the ribbon and the new fabric have a sort of
lattice work design in them that merges nicely with the zig-zag of the panel
fabric from India.
Anyway, I know just what you are talking about Mirjam. Sometimes,
regardless of all the planning and preliminary work, etc. a piece just isn't
right! It needs something to be different. I also know the feeling you get
when you make the change and "get it right". It doesn't happen often to me but
it's so nice when it does :-))! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!