How to remove a glued-in shirt label

Old March 1st 08, 05:27 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

Default How to remove a glued-in shirt label

Lurfys Maw wrote:
On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 03:41:27 GMT, Emily Bengston

Thanks for the tip.

Let us know how it is after you laundry it, please. I
have two that were gifts I've never worn because of
those glue-in tags. I will try the Goof Off, I just
purchased a bottle last week.
Emily

I did a quick manual wash in the sink with warm water and
hand soap.
After it dried off, I could not see any discoloration or
any other ill effects. It did still have a very light
smell of the Goof Off. I'll
wash it in a few days when I have a full batch.

Congratulations on finding a solution! Sounds like "Goof
Off" is a good product to have on hand.

Beverly

Old March 1st 08, 08:16 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Lurfys Maw

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:27:35 -0800, "BEI Design"
wrote:

Lurfys Maw wrote:
On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 03:41:27 GMT, Emily Bengston

Thanks for the tip.
Let us know how it is after you laundry it, please. I
have two that were gifts I've never worn because of
those glue-in tags. I will try the Goof Off, I just
purchased a bottle last week.
Emily

I did a quick manual wash in the sink with warm water and
hand soap.
After it dried off, I could not see any discoloration or
any other ill effects. It did still have a very light
smell of the Goof Off. I'll
wash it in a few days when I have a full batch.

Congratulations on finding a solution! Sounds like "Goof
Off" is a good product to have on hand.

I couldn't survive without it. At the risk of further annoying Mary, I
also do not like the stickly residue that many price stickers leave on
stuff. Goof Off gets it right off. You do have to be a bit careful. It
will melt the typs of plastic that is used for CD cases and the like
and sadly they are virtually covered in stickers.

There are a number of similar products, such as Goo Gone, Ooops, and
Gunk (although that one may be more for grease and oil).

Simple Green is also pretty good and safer for most plastics.
Old March 1st 08, 09:52 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Mary Fisher

"Lurfys Maw" wrote in message

Congratulations on finding a solution! Sounds like "Goof
Off" is a good product to have on hand.

I couldn't survive without it. At the risk of further annoying Mary,

LOL! It would take a lot more than that to annoy me :-)

also do not like the stickly residue that many price stickers leave on
stuff.

I can't think of an instance when I'd want to do remove a price sticker -
not that there are many in these days of bar codes and most stickers are
peelable anyway, aren't they?

Life's too short.

Mary

Old March 1st 08, 02:49 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Veloise

Mary wrote:
I can't think of an instance when I'd want to do remove a price sticker -
not that there are many in these days of bar codes and most stickers are
peelable anyway, aren't they?

Life's too short.

Rather than live with the Minnie Pearl look, I remove stickers from
the hard-surfaced items to which they are affixed. Drinkware, lamp
bodies, picture frames and mirrors to name just a few. Goo Gone.

One of my favorite thrifts writes prices using a grease pencil. Again,
Goo Gone.

HTH

--Karen D.
Old March 1st 08, 04:46 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Lurfys Maw

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 08:52:18 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

.. .

?

also do not like the stickly residue that many price stickers leave on
stuff.

I can't think of an instance when I'd want to do remove a price sticker -
not that there are many in these days of bar codes and most stickers are
peelable anyway, aren't they?

Then leave them on. It's good that you have nothing more important to
worry about. ;-)

Life's too short.

Mary

Old March 1st 08, 04:51 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Mary Fisher

"Lurfys Maw" wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 08:52:18 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Lurfys Maw" wrote in message
. ..

Congratulations on finding a solution! Sounds like "Goof
Off" is a good product to have on hand.

I couldn't survive without it. At the risk of further annoying Mary,

LOL! It would take a lot more than that to annoy me :-)

?

also do not like the stickly residue that many price stickers leave on
stuff.

I can't think of an instance when I'd want to do remove a price sticker -
not that there are many in these days of bar codes and most stickers are
peelable anyway, aren't they?

Then leave them on. It's good that you have nothing more important to
worry about. ;-)

I do leave them on on the rare occasions I notice them :-)

I said "I can't think of an instance when I'd want to do remove a price

Old March 1st 08, 08:02 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
robb

GOO products also good for when you might want to sew through
some sticky (eg, duct tape) or gluey like substances.

Put some on the needle and it keeps the goo... well, off the
needle

Somebody else here in Alt.sew suggested that sorry can't remeber
who
robb