Guess I should introduce myself

Old September 14th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Default Guess I should introduce myself

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:04:23 GMT, DAB spun a fine yarn

Donna McIntosh wrote:
snipped

HI from another Donna,

You've already got your answer to the question so I'll
talk about the other stuff you mentioned.
I'm retired Navy, my DH soon will be retired AF (Jan07), and we
also were in Iceland
and South Carolina (Shaw AFB)..Our oldest DD was born in Iceland
in"92...when were you there?

Donna in S. Indiana

LOL oh god I will give away my ageG I got to Charleston in 1975
and went to Iceland in 80/81. I loved the Icelanders...we had
several girls that worked in my office and they were a never ending
source of amusement and wisdom.

But it's how young you feel inside that counts! I'n older than my
DH, was thinking the
other day, that when he graduated from High school in 85, I was
already on my second
enlistment in the Navy...oh well just following in the footsteps of my
grandma
who married younger men 4 out 5 times she got married!..but I'm only
doing it once!

I didn't get to work with many Icelanders..I was at the NSGA out in
the boonies...
but DH worked on base. I have an Icelander in the house, since
daughter was born there. We tried explaining to her how 4 people
living in the same house,
married couple with 2 kids could have 4 different last names but
thought better of if,
after she's 13 and confused enuf!

LOL I would be confused forever. Nothing wrong with marrying younger men
they keep us on our toes ;-)

Good luck with the knitting..I'm in the middle of making the 5-hour
baby sweater that
found in the internet, with a few changes..and then back to knitting
hats for ShipsSupport.

I am reminded of two things: Eddie Rabbit's song "Older Women" (make
beautiful lovers, older women, they understand..)
and Benjamin Franklin's spiel: Older Women: they don't yell, they
don't swell, and they're grateful as hell!
Running and ducking...
although one more comment IS in order: I couldn't WAIT to be one of
the women in Eddie Rabbit's song (over 25, and THAT was almost that
long ago, too! AND, I'm looking forward to finally being one of those
that don't SWELL, too! .... almost, almost, almost, they're getting
more sporadic, yippeeeee!
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0637-1, 09/13/2006
Tested: 9/13/2006 6:36:07 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006