I just found out what purl is in knitty.

Old September 15th 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default I just found out what purl is in knitty.

Thank you Cozy ,
even if it was not an old tittle , believe me i still read selectively
, or not with all the concentration many of you read it all , It takes
time to come back to normal life. Thereare a lot of arrangements ,
both mental and in reallity that one has to do after such times. WARS
and being under Rockets attacks for 37 days , isn`t something one gets
up from , the day it ends, and turns a clean sheet. One`s body is full
of chemical reactions , adrenalin etc,,, one`s soul has collected
memories and feelings. It has to be processed , and while one needs
and wants to `return` to normal life and resume life from the point
`it stopped ` before the war, it isn`t like that, and it take longer
to heal, than you would think. And it is good to take the time to
heal.
mirjam
Mirjam, I haven't looked at this group or any other for so long I can't even
remember how long. I've been off newsgroups for awhile, but got bored and
lonely and decided to check them out again. So, I didn't even notice how
old the post was that I answered. I'm surprised it still showed, as my
news server has a nasty idea that a few days is good enough to keep and
deletes others way too early.
I'm so glad to hear you are safe, it must have been awful during the bad
times in Israel. Stay safe and keep on knitting!

--
-Cozy

http://blogs.delphiforums.com/n/blog...g=cozy_at_home

Happiness doesn't come from having things, it comes from *having things you
can find*

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Cozy to start with , i have no idea what this shows or programs are i
never saw any of them .
But i was mystified how one can say purl meand make to together
When i teach i explain to pupils that knit looks like a V while purl
looks a bit like a pearl ,,never having seen any of such programs i
had to grin at your description ,
In Israel i know the Lady BATYA UZIEL , who for years had a
`handcraft program in the children` s program. Everybody knows her
by sight , and every second person , when meeting her says ;"I
happened to prepare the fa finnished item , so that you can see how it
will look!!!" Which was her most used sentence .
But to clarify it all i was amazed from where the idea came ,,,,
now i know thanks to You and Noreen explaining it to me .
As you might remember 1 month ago i was busy Staying alive , between
rockets , and runnin to and from the shelter . And didn`t read all
posts.
mirjam