Canvas thread

Old February 22nd 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Samantha Hill - take out TRASH to reply

Default Canvas thread

NightMist wrote:
'scuse me.....

Did all y'all miss the forty-eight bajillion posts Steve has made over
the last several months, and the accompanying threads, about picking
the right machine for this project?

I don't remember names that well, so yeah, I didn't connect them.

If I am at fault for not remembering everything that is discussed on the
newsgroup before answering a post, mea culpa.
Old February 22nd 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

Samantha Hill - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
SteveB wrote:

So, a Singer walking foot 111W155 isn't a machine
capable of sewing a couple of layers of canvas? Did
you read my post at all? Why so negative?

You didn't mention the model number before. The reason I
commented on the machine was because once upon a time, I
tried sewing
something too heavy with an otherwise decent home machine
before and
caused myself an expensive repair.

But I didn't consider that post to be negative, because I
did give you the information you were looking for, right?

(OP) decided to start an entirely new thread, with no
reference at all to what model SM he has or that he had
posted previous messages. But it's *our* fault, because we
failed to research his previous messages, right? No, I
didn't think so, either.

Beverly

Old February 22nd 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

NightMist wrote:
'scuse me.....
Did all y'all miss the forty-eight bajillion posts Steve
has made over
the last several months,

Yes.

and the accompanying threads,
about picking
the right machine for this project?

I set my newsreader to delete messages after 15 days. All
OP had to do was post again *in the same thread* he started
before, then there would have been continuity (or at least
context) to his information. He expects the entire world to
*remember* or *research* his previous contributions?

It would be reasonable to assume that he has collated the
advice,
considered it for awhile, and made his selection with the
project in
mind.

It would be reasonable for OP to continue the discussion *in
his original thread*....

Old February 22nd 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
NightMist

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:54:19 -0800, Samantha Hill - take out TRASH to
reply wrote:

NightMist wrote:
'scuse me.....

Did all y'all miss the forty-eight bajillion posts Steve has made over
the last several months, and the accompanying threads, about picking
the right machine for this project?

I don't remember names that well, so yeah, I didn't connect them.

If I am at fault for not remembering everything that is discussed on the
newsgroup before answering a post, mea culpa.

Nah, I don't expect everybody to remember everything.
It is just traffic has been awfully slow here for a while, so Steve's

Though I am not into awnings I read through a lot of it to see if
there was anything I could use. Thought there might be because I do
sew leather fairly frequently, and articles on heavy sewing jobs often
contain useful nuggets. So maybe I was paying more atention than
average.

NightMist
--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.
Old February 22nd 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SteveB[_4_]

NightMist wrote:
'scuse me.....

Did all y'all miss the forty-eight bajillion posts Steve has made over
the last several months, and the accompanying threads, about picking
the right machine for this project?

NightMist

I'm glad to see someone is still conscious here. For the last three months,
there has been very little posting.

Steve

Old February 22nd 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

SteveB wrote:

I'm glad to see someone is still conscious here. For the last three months,
there has been very little posting.

This group has always been slower than news:alt.sewing, and I follow
them both.
Old February 22nd 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message
NightMist wrote:
'scuse me.....

Did all y'all miss the forty-eight bajillion posts Steve has made over
the last several months, and the accompanying threads, about picking
the right machine for this project?

NightMist

I'm glad to see someone is still conscious here. For the last three

months,
there has been very little posting.

Steve

I don't know what reader/service *you're* using, but I see posts here all
the time ... SPAM, but still ... posts (to use the term loosely).

--
Connie
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com