Greyhound Sweater?

Old August 15th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Gina Bull

Default Greyhound Sweater?

Congratulations Eileen on getting your Pom! That reminded me ... my sister
has adopted a greyhound. She lives in Ohio, and evidently the dog does need
sweaters for those winters. I'd like to *crochet* one for her, but so far
the only patterns I've found have been a square with a belly-band (pretty
ugly). The pattern doesn't even have to be an Internet freebie .... I'd be
glad of a pointer to a book that I could buy that would have a pattern.

Thanks for any clues!
--
Gina
Old August 15th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary

You can purchase coats for dogs through Land's End. I got one for my
elderly, arthritic Yorkie, and it is wonderful! It does NOT have to go
over her head, and her legs do NOT go through holes, so it is very
simple to get on an off, and closes with Velcro. It fits very well,
stays clean, and doesn't get piddled on. All you need are a few simple
measurements of your dog, and they will send you the proper size.
There are several very good colors, but since we live in the country I
got her "hunter's orange" to protect her if she is outside and some
idiot with a gun is ready to shoot anything that moves. As to making a
dog coat or sweater, I have made several rather dressy/fru fru/cute
ones for her just for fun, and have used the one from Land's End as the
pattern.

Old August 15th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

I tried googling dog sweater and got a bunch of hits. This one was
pretty elaborate but there were simple ones as well.

http://www.cs.oswego.edu/~ebozak/kni...g-sweater.html

There were even some for cats but IMHO the cats didn't look thrilled.

Old August 16th 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Gina Bull

This is for knit instead of crochet, but written in such a way I think I
could adapt it. She works from the measurements and explains why it is
being done, which I appreciate. I'll see what I can do.

My sister has cats, too. It would be funny to make a matching cat sweater,
but I doubt that it would ever get all the way onto the cat! I think you'd
have to sedate the cat first. snicker

Gina

Old August 16th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

Here is a crochet one -- note cats -- wear leather gloves if you try
putting one on a cat!

http://www.crochetnmore.com/dogsweater.htm

Old August 16th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Gina Bull" wrote in message

My sister has cats, too. It would be funny to make a matching cat sweater,
but I doubt that it would ever get all the way onto the cat! I think you'd
have to sedate the cat first. snicker

Gina

Hee,hee. Have you ever been to the site: http://stuffonmycat.com ? It's
a hoot.

Shelagh

Old September 10th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Coveredbox

I purchased this crochet sweater pattern for my greyhound. I haven;t
made the sweater yet but thought you may like the link.

http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=54740

Old September 11th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Gina Bull

Thanks!!

Gina

Shillelagh wrote:
"Gina Bull" wrote in message
My sister has cats, too. It would be funny to make a matching cat sweater,
but I doubt that it would ever get all the way onto the cat! I think you'd
have to sedate the cat first. snicker

Gina

Hee,hee. Have you ever been to the site: http://stuffonmycat.com ? It's
a hoot.

Shelagh

Sweater Wiazard response Spike Driver Yarn 0 November 27th 05 11:52 PM
Knit sweater -- Decreasing on the wrong side Julie Yarn 8 September 28th 05 03:45 AM
"Sweater pic" -- where can I find one? Carolyn Sewing 12 October 20th 04 12:49 AM
Aran sweater pix Slinky Yarn 36 February 3rd 04 07:28 AM
Using Guernsey technique on Norwegian sweater? H Schinske Yarn 0 October 15th 03 09:44 PM