Bridesmaid's Dress

Old August 10th 03, 02:19 PM
Lisa

Default Bridesmaid's Dress

Angela:
A couple of thoughts are donating it to your high school or local theatre
group for costuming.

if it's appropriate for a prom, there is an organization (I'd have to look
for the information) that accepts dresses to distribute to girls who can't
afford prom dresses.

Lisa
"angela" wrote in message
news0rZa.8046$qf.1953@lakeread06...
I was in a wedding last month and can't imagine there will ever be a time

in
my life when I will ever be tempted to wear the dress again. (There's
nothing wrong with the dress -- it's actually quite lovely.) Any ideas

about
what I should do with it? The only thing I thought of was to give it to

the
guy who did the alterations and maybe he could find some use for it. If

you
have any thoughts on this, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!

ang.
____________________________
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish

Old August 10th 03, 06:02 PM
Linda D.

I think it's called "The Cinderella Project". A very
worthwhile cause

take care, Linda

"angela" wrote in message
news0rZa.8046$qf.1953@lakeread06...
I was in a wedding last month and can't imagine there will ever be a time

in
my life when I will ever be tempted to wear the dress again. (There's
nothing wrong with the dress -- it's actually quite lovely.) Any ideas

about
what I should do with it? The only thing I thought of was to give it to

the
guy who did the alterations and maybe he could find some use for it. If

you
have any thoughts on this, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!

ang.
____________________________
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish

Vancouver Island, bc.ca (remove 'nospam' to reply)
See samples of my work at: www.members.shaw.ca/deugau

Old August 10th 03, 07:48 PM
Carol in SLC

if it's appropriate for a prom, there is an organization (I'd have to look for
the information) that accepts dresses to distribute to girls who can't afford
prom dresses

Ohhh, this is a GREAT idea!!! If you find the info, please post it!

Carol in SLC
My new stuff: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/emma.jpg

Old August 11th 03, 02:20 AM
angela

http://thehalsteds.com/gina/gina42.jpg

(That's me on the left.)

ang.
____________________________
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish

"Christina Peterson" wrote ...
What does it look like?

"angela" wrote ...

Old August 11th 03, 02:45 AM
Jalynne

I agree. This would make a great prom dress!

--
Jalynne

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "angela"
:

]http://thehalsteds.com/gina/gina42.jpg

what gorgeous dresses!!!!
[especially compared to some i've seen!]

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
The Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law.
Regime Change in 2004 - The life you save may be your own.

Old August 11th 03, 02:51 AM
angela

I'm not exactly the smallest person, so I was a little worried when I agreed
to be in the wedding. (My sister is something of an ettiquette expert. I
asked her -- jokingly, of course -- if I could hold off agreeing to
participate until I'd seen the dress. She said, um, no. Wait a minute, I
think she actually said HELL no.) :-) Anyway, I thought the dress was
relatively flattering. If I had only thought to get to a tanning booth so I
wouldn't provide so much "glare" to the photos. :-)

ang.
____________________________
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish

"vj" wrote ...

Old August 11th 03, 03:52 AM
Christina Peterson

I thought that color was normal. (I have been told I have used up ALL of my
allotment of non harmful sunshine. Fair-skinned people have a smaller
allotment than others)

Tina

Old August 11th 03, 04:38 AM
Cheryl

I second the recommendation to donate it to your local theatre department...

I donated some of mine from back in the seventies - and they loved them.
The very next production - I saw three of my dresses! LOL

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/