What the Cat Woman Did with the Kathmandu

Old September 14th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

Default What the Cat Woman Did with the Kathmandu

I got (most of) this yarn from Threnody a couple of months ago. I had
to augment the purple with the remainder of stock from the LYS common
to us both, then had to order two more balls (same dyelot even!) from
an internet supplier when I ran short *again*.

What the Cat Woman Did (what the kathwomando) with the Kathmandu:

http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/kathmandu.jpg

I started this a good week before I started the aran and would have
had it finished first but I ran short on purple. As a result this
sweater went into a holding pattern pending more yarn and I started
the aran.

So while it would appear that I knitted a whole sweater this week
since finishing the aran I did *not* in fact accompish that feat. I
did reknit the Kathmandu from the underarm up, then add the neckline
and sleeves. At 3.5spi that really wasn't much knitting hehehehe

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old September 14th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JJMolvik

You made me look as that is my DD#2's nickname!!! Photo didn't show well on
my screen though.

JJMolvik

Old September 15th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:59:38 -0700, "JJMolvik"
spewed forth :

You made me look as that is my DD#2's nickname!!! Photo didn't show well on
my screen though.

Bah, sorry the pic doesn't show up for you. I'll get some of me
modelling tomorrow (terminal cuteness, even on me) during daylight,
some one of them ought to be good for you.

+++++++++++++

Old September 15th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 23:29:37 GMT, "DAB" spewed
forth :

That is pretty...purple is my fave color and LOL on the spi.

Same here on the purple! The green isn't something I'd normally
choose for myself, but it works with the purple thanks to the tweedy
flecks of pretty much every Kathmandu color running through both
yarns. I think it would be exceedingly difficult to put together two
Kathmandu colors that *don't* work together, but ya never know.

And yeah, 3.5spi with that yarn on Addi needles was an experience akin
to chasing greased pigs: mighty slippery, and mighty fast. I actually
had to use some of that SortKwik stuff on my fingertips to be able to
keep a grip on the yarn and needles while I was knitting, as just
plain old lotion wasn't doing it.

The sad thing is, the mfg recommends nearly 5spi for the stuff, which
I found to be stiff and unattractive fabric. Much nicer at my
loosey-goosey gauge!

+++++++++++++

Old September 15th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Wooly" wrote in message

Bah, sorry the pic doesn't show up for you. I'll get some of me
modelling tomorrow (terminal cuteness, even on me) during daylight,
some one of them ought to be good for you.

Looking forward to it!

Shelagh

Old September 15th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Threnody

Wooly wrote:
http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/kathmandu.jpg

I definitely sent that yarn on to a better home than I could give it.
It's *lovely*! You're going to have everybody around you touching you,
trying to feel up your yarn.

--
Threnody

http://aff-the-fang.blogspot.com
http://totallyhooked.blogspot.com
Old September 15th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:57:40 GMT, Threnody
spewed forth :

Wooly wrote:
http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/kathmandu.jpg

I definitely sent that yarn on to a better home than I could give it.
It's *lovely*! You're going to have everybody around you touching you,
trying to feel up your yarn.

Hehehehehe! But I have POINTY STICKS and plenty of ATTITUDE! Anybody
who wants to feel up my sweater had better ask first, and ask politely

+++++++++++++

Old September 15th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Wooly wrote:
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 23:29:37 GMT, "DAB" spewed
forth :

That is pretty...purple is my fave color and LOL on the spi.

Same here on the purple! The green isn't something I'd normally
choose for myself, but it works with the purple thanks to the tweedy
flecks of pretty much every Kathmandu color running through both
yarns. I think it would be exceedingly difficult to put together two
Kathmandu colors that *don't* work together, but ya never know.

And yeah, 3.5spi with that yarn on Addi needles was an experience akin
to chasing greased pigs: mighty slippery, and mighty fast. I actually
had to use some of that SortKwik stuff on my fingertips to be able to
keep a grip on the yarn and needles while I was knitting, as just
plain old lotion wasn't doing it.

I love Addis but noticed some yarns are more slippery then others so switch
to wood or plastic. Ok I don't know what Kathmandu is so will do a search
sounds like interesting yarn. I like Noro yarns but not how they feel.

The sad thing is, the mfg recommends nearly 5spi for the stuff, which
I found to be stiff and unattractive fabric. Much nicer at my
loosey-goosey gauge!

My guage is usually off by 2 needle sizes....I knit loose.