I met Valerie & Linda2!!

Old December 2nd 03, 01:51 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default I met Valerie & Linda2!!

I was down in South Florida for the Thanksgiving holiday and contacted
Valerie & Linda in the hopes that we could meet up for a little while. Well,
after a few days of e-mailing and leaving messages, we finally got our act
together (LOL) and met on Saturday morning. Linda recommended a great diner
near her and after going all the way up to Palm Beach County to get Valerie,
met me (Jon & Avner, too) for breakfast. We scarfed down lox & onion
omelettes with real home fries (Valerie had scrumptious looking french
toast) and then we went to, where else, a bead store! I did a little damage
at the bead store, Valerie sold some of her polymer clay beads tot he store
owner (yippee!) and Linda window-shopped.

It was so much fun! Valerie and Linda were even nicer in person (is that
possible?) and Valerie BFNRed me with a velvet pouch of goodies - polymer
beads of all sorts - rounds, a donut, a pendant and tabs plus some yummy
white ab crytals! Both were decked out in fantastic jewelry too - Linda had
this great necklace of polymer and beaded beads plus a bracelet that I was
drooling over (a flat strip of peyote embellished with a hibiscus flower
button and fringe). Valerie had on a lovely beaded necklace and 2
bracelets - one of her beads with crystals and another from Nicole.

We commemorated the occasion with a pictu
http://www.penguintrax.com/Images/rcbmeet.jpg and I'm looking forward to the
next time we can all get together!

Thanks again for a great morning, you two!

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

Old December 2nd 03, 02:59 PM
Carol in SLC

We commemorated the occasion with a pictu
http://www.penguintrax.com/Images/rcbmeet.jpg

What a great looking group of beady gals!! Sounds like it was a very enjoyable
get together!

Carol in SLC
My newest creation (11/28): http://members.aol.com/CarolinSLC/clay.jpg
http://members.aol.com/CarolinSLC/claycu.jpg
Old December 2nd 03, 04:08 PM
Tink

How cool to be able to put faces with names! And I think I get to meet them
next month, right???

--
Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Now offering private lampworking instruction!
http://snurl.com/2pun for auctions...

Old December 2nd 03, 04:35 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Yeah - speaking of...what's up with the January meeting. I'll be honest and
say that I haven't made any reservations or anything, but I've been waiting
to hear who all is going, etc.

Old December 2nd 03, 04:49 PM
Tink

We're still on! Struggling to gather the funds for my plane tickets (see
travel agent posts). I need to do a mailing to the group of folks who
indicated that they'd be coming. I'll do that after I finish torching today.

I'm so sad that Kathy-NV won't be joining us, but maybe we should do what
WetCanvas members do when some can't attend: Put a pic of the person's head
on a stick and include it in group pictures and stuff. LOL! Pics on the
beach... At the jacuzzi... Stuff like that. :-)

Old December 2nd 03, 04:56 PM
Carol in SLC

maybe we should do what
WetCanvas members do when some can't attend: Put a pic of the person's head on

a stick and include it in group pictures and stuff. LOL! Pics on the beach...
At the jacuzzi...

HILARIOUS!!!! Great idea!

Old December 2nd 03, 05:58 PM
Valerie

How cool to be able to put faces with names! And I think I get to meet them
next month, right???

I think I'm missing posts...grrrr. I never saw the one from Barbara, just
replies.

Anyways, it was an absolutely lovely time! Avner is just TOO CUTE for words!!!
And I do hope we can do that again. :-)
I wish Barbara could have stayed longer and hit all the bead shops with Linda
and I (we did some DAMAGE!), we all would have had a blast! But even though we
didn't, we still had fun! I'm glad I finally got a chance to meet another FL
beader. :-)

Valerie
Website: http://www.valeriebeads.com
Check out my site for the RCB member links pages! E-mail me for details!

Old December 2nd 03, 06:15 PM
Shirley Shone

How wonderful! Wished I could have been with you.
Shirley

In article , Barbara Forbes-Lyons
writes

Old December 2nd 03, 06:22 PM
Shirley Shone

Make sure you put me on a 38-24- 36 body.
Shirley

In article , Tink
writes

PING: Linda2 bluemaxx Beads 16 October 6th 03 03:30 PM
Valerie Valerie Beads 0 September 12th 03 04:46 AM
Looking for Valerie in FL Nicole @ Black Cat Beads Beads 1 July 29th 03 07:47 AM