time for a round of what are you reading

Old January 24th 12, 12:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default time for a round of what are you reading

I've started (actually restarted) Green by Jay Lake under the assurance
I'm really going to enjoy the story.

Finished "It Takes a Witch" - a new, very fluffy, paranormal mystery series
http://www.amazon.com/Takes-Witch-Wi.../dp/0451235525
Cute and will read the next book

Nothing heavy right now. Just doesn't work for me

Cheryl
Old January 24th 12, 01:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Jan 24, 8:14*am, wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:37:03 -0500, Cheryl Isaak

wrote:
I've started (actually restarted) Green by Jay Lake under the assurance
I'm really going to enjoy the story.

Finished "It Takes a Witch" - a new, very fluffy, paranormal mystery series
http://www.amazon.com/Takes-Witch-Wi.../dp/0451235525
Cute and will read the next book

Nothing heavy right now. Just doesn't work for me

Cheryl

I am reading *The Birth House by Ami MacKay - not new, she has a
second book out now. * It is about a midwife in Scots Bay, NS back in
the early days. *Scots Bay is a pretty harsh area and still does not
have a huge population. * The original midwife who trained the next
one was an Acadian who should have left the Wolfville area during the
Expulsion, but she didn't, she trekked through the woods and became
the only Acadian in Scots Bay.

Certainly makes one appreciate being born a woman today, rather than
back then ! * Then again, not if you were born here

http://tinyurl.com/4jsemqf

I thought at first it was a spoof or something, but I guess not.

Thanks for bringing Birth House to my attention. I'll go find it later
today.

Right now I'm reading The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore. It
came up as a suggestion on my Nook back in December, but I'm actually
reading a "real" book with paper pages as a friend lent me her copy.
Haven't read far enough to give an opinion yet.

Donna in Virginia
Old January 24th 12, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 1/24/12 7:37 AM, in article , "Cheryl Isaak"
wrote:

I've started (actually restarted) Green by Jay Lake under the assurance
I'm really going to enjoy the story.

Finished "It Takes a Witch" - a new, very fluffy, paranormal mystery series
http://www.amazon.com/Takes-Witch-Wi.../dp/0451235525
Cute and will read the next book

Thanks for that - I could do a library trip for some fluff.

Also finally reading book I couldn't resist at holiday time "Jewish Pirates
of the Caribbean."

Nothing heavy right now. Just doesn't work for me

Cheryl

Could understand that. Though I have been carting around "Founding
Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation" - what's a year or so. It's actually
a good read.

If interested:
http://www.amazon.com/Founding-Broth...llis/dp/037570
5244/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327414218&sr=1-1

Ellice

Old January 24th 12, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

On 24/01/2012 12:37, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've started (actually restarted) Green by Jay Lake under the assurance
I'm really going to enjoy the story.

Finished "It Takes a Witch" - a new, very fluffy, paranormal mystery series
http://www.amazon.com/Takes-Witch-Wi.../dp/0451235525
Cute and will read the next book

Nothing heavy right now. Just doesn't work for me

Cheryl

I can recommend the Mary Brown (b1929 - d1999) series:
"Fantasy story involving a young girl (who hides beneath a mask), a
crow, a toad, a goldfish, and a kitten make an unlikely band of unheroic
heroes. Yet each needs the other to discover the secret that can restore
them to health and happiness."
The Unlikely Ones
Pigs Don't Fly (©1994)
Master Of Many Treasures (©1995)
Strange Deliverance (©1997) 374 pp
Dragonne's Eg (©1999) 339 pp.
Here There Be Dragonnes (©2003) 832 pp.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old January 24th 12, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 1/24/2012 7:37 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I've started (actually restarted) Green by Jay Lake under the assurance
I'm really going to enjoy the story.

Finished "It Takes a Witch" - a new, very fluffy, paranormal mystery series
http://www.amazon.com/Takes-Witch-Wi.../dp/0451235525
Cute and will read the next book

Nothing heavy right now. Just doesn't work for me

Cheryl

Reading Lise McClendon's One O'clock Jump, a mystery set
in 1939 Kansas City with a young woman working for a
private eye. Lots of interesting characters. I had read
her earlier series set in the Tetons and was delighted
to find her more recent books available as e-books.

Nancy
Old January 25th 12, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

On Jan 24, 6:40*am, Nancy Spera wrote:
On 1/24/2012 7:37 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I've started (actually restarted) Green by Jay Lake under the assurance
I'm really going to enjoy the story.

Finished "It Takes a Witch" - a new, very fluffy, paranormal mystery series
http://www.amazon.com/Takes-Witch-Wi.../dp/0451235525
Cute and will read the next book

Nothing heavy right now. Just doesn't work for me

Cheryl

Reading Lise McClendon's One O'clock Jump, a mystery set
in 1939 Kansas City with a young woman working for a
private eye. *Lots of interesting characters. *I had read
her earlier series set in the Tetons and was delighted
to find her more recent books available as e-books.

Nancy

I just finished the second Darling Dahlias mystery. They're nice
"cozy" mysteries that take place in the 1930s in southern Alabama.
The Dahlias are ladies in the local gardening club. I also read Empire
of the Sun a few months ago. I like a nice (serious) historical
fiction (or non-fiction) sprinkled in among my cozy mysteries and
historical romances. :-)

Liz from Humbug
Old January 26th 12, 12:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/25/12 11:28 AM, Liz from Humbug wrote:
On Jan 24, 6:40 am, Nancy wrote:
[...]

I liked those

I like her China Bayles books but couldn't get into her other series.

Did read the first of the Codex Alera series from Jim Butcher. Good
enough that I got book two on ILL. and found the latest Mercedes Lackey
Beauty and the Werewolf when I went to pick it up. YAH... lots of good
reading

Old January 28th 12, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
NDJoan[_3_]

On Jan 25, 6:05*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Did read the first of the Codex Alera series from Jim Butcher. Good
enough that I got book two on ILL. and found the latest Mercedes Lackey
Beauty and the Werewolf when I went to pick it up. YAH... lots of good
reading

Ooo, I'll have to look for that one (B & the W)!

I've read and am reading the latest 2 from Terry Goodkind, of the
Sword of Truth series. The Omen Machine is an adjunct to the SoT
series. The Law of Nines (just started) I thought was going to be
something completely different but turns out not to be. Not too far
into it...I've just gotten to where it starts getting interesting...

Joan

Copyright 2012 -- permission given to post on Usenet and Google Groups
newsreader, but if found on Twitter it has been republished without my
permission and is illegal.