County fair results

Old July 9th 12, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

Default County fair results

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:52:44 AM UTC-7, ndjoan wrote:
Results of my entries in the county fair a

My Day Complete - no ribbon (they only give 1st-3rd place)
Needle winder holder-turned mini sampler I got from Mavia - 2nd place
Hang in there kitten - 1st place (same lot as the needle winder)
DGD's crocheted alpaca/silk baptism gown - 2nd place
My Sweet Heart - 1st place
The hot air balloon - 1st place
Nativity set - 1st place

Aaaaaand....

Earth Spirit (canvas piece) - 1st place, Champion for Class C -
Stitchery Work division and Grand champion of the entire Needlework
Division!!!!

Happy dancing here!

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown

Wow; good for you!!!!!!! The past few years, I've seemed to have a hike or an EGA meeting on the "Drop Off Day" for entering things in the Fair. Also, one of our EGA members has been the needlework judge since the previous judge finally stopped doing it. For a while, it seemed as if the biggest items entered would win, no matter what! We usually tell ourselves that we enter things mostly to show people what is out there to stitch but it was getting annoying to see a medium sized piece that was complicated and required lots of skill get nothing or an Honorable Mention while a kit that was large but simple would get a blue ribbon. Maybe next year I'll start entering again. :-) It IS fun and the building with the needlework in it is AIR CONDITIONED!!!!! With our mostly dry heat, we're not nearly as miserable as the easter part of the country but even a dry 95 is HOT! :-)
Liz from Humbug
Old July 9th 12, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:52:44 PM UTC-4, ndjoan wrote:
Results of my entries in the county fair a

My Day Complete - no ribbon (they only give 1st-3rd place)
Needle winder holder-turned mini sampler I got from Mavia - 2nd place
Hang in there kitten - 1st place (same lot as the needle winder)
DGD's crocheted alpaca/silk baptism gown - 2nd place
My Sweet Heart - 1st place
The hot air balloon - 1st place
Nativity set - 1st place

Aaaaaand....

Earth Spirit (canvas piece) - 1st place, Champion for Class C -
Stitchery Work division and Grand champion of the entire Needlework
Division!!!!

Happy dancing here!

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown

Woohoo! Way to go!

Donna in Virginia
Old July 11th 12, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

Thanks, everyone! I was pretty pleased, to say the least!

On 7/9/2012 1:57 PM, Liz from Humbug wrote:

Wow; good for you!!!!!!!

For a while, it seemed as if the biggest items entered would win, no matter
what! .... but it was getting annoying to see a medium sized piece
that was complicated and required lots of skill get nothing or an
Honorable Mention

I keep meaning to ask the lady there who it is that does the judging and
to suggest that they give some comment as to why it was judged so. I
always forget. I'd really like some feedback. For example, my
kitten and "stitching soothes" pieces were in the same class. The
kitten was straight cs (but the kitten was done in Wisper) and the other
had more bs and some beading. Why did the kitten get 1st?

It IS fun and the building with the needlework in it is AIR
CONDITIONED!!!!!

Lucky you! Ours is open and things got *really* dusty in there this
year, since it was hot and dry. The lady said they'd even power-washed
the floor the night before the fair started. It was a really fine dust,
too. I was certainly glad my things were either framed or in plastic!

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown

County Fair results Joan E. Needlework 32 July 10th 10 11:53 AM
County Fair results Fran Needlework 4 October 26th 09 05:13 PM
County fair results Joan E. Needlework 25 July 2nd 09 03:08 AM
County fair - results Wooly Yarn 5 August 29th 06 01:33 AM
County Fair results Joan E. Needlework 13 July 26th 06 04:56 PM