NOT OT- Need horse picture

Old September 26th 11, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

Default NOT OT- Need horse picture

Hi all,

My Secret Stitcher this year is a woman who used to raise/train/show
American Saddlebreds and Hackney ponies. What I would like to stitch
for her, by June, is the phrase (from Joan E!): "The wind of heaven is
that which blows through a horse's ears". With the saying, I would
like to have some kind of simple blackwork type of outline drawing of
a Saddlebred or pony or both or . . .

OR, - maybe and, depending on what I come up with - is a line drawing
of the view of a horse's ears from behind, as if the person is either
riding or driving a horse or pony. I'm thinking that this may be my
first choice - the saying and then the picture of the top of the
"equine's" head from behind, with maybe a piece of the bridle showing,
depending upon how much of the equine's head I show.

Does anyone out there have access to a Saddlebred or a Hackney pony to
sit on it (or behind it - as in a cart?) and take a couple of photos
that they could send to me so I could play around with charting it?
Or, is anyone know anyone in a Hackney or Saddlebred club who could
see if there is already some kind of needlework charts already made
of either breed?

I've poked around a bit on the internet but haven't even been able to
find a decent line drawing of Saddlebreds or Hackneys that I could
make into a blackwork outline type of project. With our vast
resources, I was hoping that someone would know someone who knows
someone involved in Saddlebreds or Hackneys to aim me in the right
direction.

My friend lost her niece from cancer in May and has slowly been losing
her horses as they age along with the rest of us. We don't plan on
losing Alison any time soon, but we didn't expect to lose her niece so
soon either and I'd really love to do this project for her. She's
"only" 83 but . . . . . :-)))

Thanks,
Liz from Humbug
Old September 26th 11, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

"Liz from Humbug" wrote in message
[...]

Try Google Images for Saddlebred horses art. There might be something there
that would work.

Mavia

Horse Head the Second! [email protected] Beads 10 July 4th 07 04:34 PM
thats horse not hourse R. Higher Needlework 0 March 21st 06 04:38 PM
Hobby Horse The Reader General Crafting 0 July 25th 05 10:23 AM
horse bead Beadbimbo Beads 9 January 25th 04 04:21 AM
Horse hair J.R.Lawson Pottery 2 July 10th 03 11:09 PM