OFF TOPIC - this just bothers me

Old September 10th 11, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

Default OFF TOPIC - this just bothers me

On Sep 8, 11:55*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Something happened the other day at the library that at the very least
has me scratching my head.

We'll start inside. A patron, a woman around my age (mid 50's), whom
appeared to be in decent health and in workout clothes, *wanted to know
if the library had umbrellas patrons could borrow to go to their car and
return later. Yes, its raining, but not very hard and it's not cold out
either. And was bewildered that that isn't a service the library
provides. She was offered one of the large plastic bags they do provide
on rainy days for the books. She declined.

She leaves and the librarian and I roll our eyes. (We are old friends) I
go out a few minutes later, it's drizzling and she's on the phone
complaining that were no umbrellas for her to use.

I go back to my car and realizing I'm still too early to go pick up DD
from school, I grab my phone and try and reach my Mom. *I look over and
the same woman is accosting people as they walk into the library.
Finally a young woman (who I saw walking over from the high school)
walks her to her car - the first one after you walk across the access
road. She's closer than I am to the library. Total distance - 50 feet....

OK - I guess I could understand if she was elderly or in something that
the rain would ruin. But neither was true and the rain was clearly
forecast for the entire day... This isn't the Country Club, it's the
library.

My DH's opinion was his old line (out of Animal Farm) about some people
being more equal than others....

Am I off base or was she just plain old foolish.

Sounds just plain old goofy to me! We have a basket of eye glasses
that people can borrow when they forget their own but umbrellas seem a
bit much. :-) It's comforting, though, to be reminded that other
libraries also have their share of "eccentric" patrons. Those odd
ones make us appreciate the "normal"? patrons all the more. :-))

Liz from Humbug
Old September 16th 11, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 9/9/2011 6:49 PM, Ellice K. wrote:
I'd just chalk it up to the variety of life.

Ellice

I LOVE that phrase..."the variety of life."

And variety *is* what gives life its spiciness, isn't it?

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old September 17th 11, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 9/16/11 6:52 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 9/9/2011 6:49 PM, Ellice K. wrote:
I'd just chalk it up to the variety of life.

Ellice

I LOVE that phrase..."the variety of life."

And variety *is* what gives life its spiciness, isn't it?

sue

Glad to have said something right ;^) Yup, I do agree, wholeheartedly.

Ellice