What is wrong with you people??? VBG

Old May 14th 11, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default What is wrong with you people??? VBG

After I asked about thread compatability you were encouraging. I was convinced that quilting feathers in a strip pieced saching with 9 patch cornerstones would be so wrong....

You people have this terrible thing about encouraging me to do quilting motifs that I know are impossible for me. These are w-a-a-y-y-y beyond my skill and patience levels. But you do it any way! Then I have to try it. I don't know if I am trying to prove you wrong or I have to try it to not disappoint you or what. But it worked. The feathers look great (not perfect by any means) and I am pleased with it. They don't stand out too well and that's what I wanted, but you can catch a glimpse of this afternoon's quilting-

http://community.webshots.com/album/580193998vIQilS

Thank you for pushing me to my limits. Once again you have made me a better quilter by beliving in me. Thank you..... I think??? Now I'm gonna hafta quilt it to death after this start! LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.
Old May 14th 11, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

On Sat, 14 May 2011 14:41:31 -0700 (PDT), "Leslie & The Furbabies in
MO." wrote:

[...]

You did very well - they are beautiful feathers, Leslie!

-Irene
Old May 15th 11, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 14/05/2011 22:41, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
[...]

We're just a bunch of filthy rotten eneblers, is all!

The feathers are great.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old May 15th 11, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

It was Kate T a few days ago that moaned her feathers looked like 'worts on
a toothpick'. LOL.
WHoooHoohoo. That just tickles me to tears. Polly

"Sandy"

Yay, Leslie! clapping madly You're doing great! Keep up the good work
-- it's going to be even more gorgeous than it was pre-quilting.

Old May 15th 11, 08:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Yes, well ... ...

We do what is necessary!

I didn't actually reply, because I couldn't quite see how you wanted to
'fit' the feathers in (I was a bit rushed yesterday). I would have been
confident that you could do it. Today, actually seeing how you fitted
them in, and how they turned out, I can see that it is just the right
thing to have done. And I do love those sashings with the nine-patches.
I have never done that. I must try to fit it in sometime.

Hope the rest goes as well as the start. You really are good at
free-motion, you know g
..
In message

, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old May 15th 11, 08:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Just loved this, Leslie. The colours are so fresh and the quilting is
just doody. All those sharp points. VERY impressive.

Wow!
Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old May 15th 11, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

WTG Leslie! That's going to be gorgeous. Bwa-ha-ha-ha. Another feather
addict! (Feathers would make a fabulous background filler for those
lovely pieced flowers...)
Roberta in D

Old May 15th 11, 04:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Leslie, you done really, really good. Seriously -- beautiful. I'm
impressed with the blocks themselves and your quilting is amazing.
You're good 'push' material.

Sunny
Old May 19th 11, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

OOOOOOOOH! I love it! They look more like mirror images of waves. And
I just love the batiks. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!! Great
Job, Leslie!!!!!!!