My new toy!

Old May 20th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default My new toy!

My new 60GB video iPod arrived today. I haven't a clue how to use it,
although I did get the settings done correctly so far. I need to download
all of my pictures to it now. That includes grandkids, pups and quilts. I
can download 25,000 pictures, 20 hours of video and 15,000 songs. I guess
I'd better read the instructions, huh? And I thought I just wanted to
download books to listen to............

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

Old May 20th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"AliceW" wrote:

My new 60GB video iPod arrived today. I haven't a clue how to use it,
although I did get the settings done correctly so far. I need to download
all of my pictures to it now. That includes grandkids, pups and quilts. I
can download 25,000 pictures, 20 hours of video and 15,000 songs. I guess
I'd better read the instructions, huh? And I thought I just wanted to
download books to listen to............

Oh, Alice, you'll *love* it! I have the 30GB video iPod and I really
enjoy it. I find myself listening to more podcasts than music, though --
Alex Anderson even has one! And then there are the Word Nerds and
Podictionary, as well as a *bunch* of Mac-oriented ones.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old May 20th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh good grief. Here I was thinking there's no reason except total fright
and ignorance keeping me from owning a laptop and keeping in touch on the
road - and there you are storming out into tech world without me. Carry on.
I'll catch up in a while. Polly

Old May 20th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks, Sandy. Who knew? I will definitely have to download the Alex
podcast. That's a new frontier for me!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
"Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
: In article ,
: "AliceW" wrote:
:
: My new 60GB video iPod arrived today. I haven't a clue how to use it,
: although I did get the settings done correctly so far. I need to
download
: all of my pictures to it now. That includes grandkids, pups and quilts.
: can download 25,000 pictures, 20 hours of video and 15,000 songs. I
guess
: I'd better read the instructions, huh? And I thought I just wanted to
: download books to listen to............
:
:
: Oh, Alice, you'll *love* it! I have the 30GB video iPod and I really
: enjoy it. I find myself listening to more podcasts than music, though --
: Alex Anderson even has one! And then there are the Word Nerds and
: Podictionary, as well as a *bunch* of Mac-oriented ones.
: --
: Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
: my ISP is earthlink.net -- put sfoster1(at) in front

Old May 20th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, Polly, how good of you to surface. They were about ready to drain the
swamp to find you! I already have a laptop and a PDA, the iPod was the next
step for me. Been researching for months, but with my requirements for
books and photos, the iPod was the way to go. Oh, and when you get your
laptop, Polly, go wireless! I'll teach you how to scan for free "waves"!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
"Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack

nk.net...

Old May 20th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Great, Alice. Thank you. I'll do that just right after I learn how to
answer my cell phone. Polly

"AliceW" .wrote Well, Polly, how good of you to surface. They were about

Old May 20th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article et,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

Oh good grief. Here I was thinking there's no reason except total fright
and ignorance keeping me from owning a laptop and keeping in touch on the
road - and there you are storming out into tech world without me. Carry on.
I'll catch up in a while. Polly

Polly, my theory is that there's no reason in the world to listen to my
car radio (= someone else's idea of what I want to listen to) if I can
use my iPod to listen to something I choose. G

Old May 20th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Podcasts (was My new toy!)

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
And then there are the Word Nerds and
Podictionary, as well as a *bunch* of Mac-oriented ones.

Another Word Nerd and Podictionary fan here! I listen to them while I
machine quilt.

For those who haven't discovered the wonderful world of podcasts yet, you
don't need an iPod to listen to them. Download Apple's iTunes to your
computer (it's free and works on Mac and Windoze), click on "podcasts" on
the left side, and then in the lower left click on "podcast directory".
You'll be able to search and browse for thousands of interesting podcasts.
When you find a good possibility, click on subscribe, and iTunes will
download it to your computer automatically. When you're in the mood to
listen, double click on the podcast in iTunes and your computer will play it
to you.

If any of you remember Lynne in Miami (who is currently hanging out in the
baseball swap), she has a podcast up there called "Pandemonium Midnight
Uploading", from a radio show she was involved in several years ago. Fun
stuff!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old May 20th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wrong! I tried that, and it seems you have to press a little button
first!
You see, you experts take such *little* things for granted gg
..

In message , AliceW
writes
That one is easy, Polly. Put it to your ear and say "Hello". :0)

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill