How To Make Ebay Work For You - for beadmakers

Old February 20th 04, 03:34 AM
Kalera Stratton

I went through that too, right before my disappearance from WC! I love
some things about WC, but there's this weird... thing... there, where if
the wrong person says the wrong thing at the wrong time, they get
crucified, while on another day another person might say the same thing,
and no one will bat an eye. There are a few self-declared experts who
seem to have no qualms about bullying someone with an opposing
viewpoint, or just generally complaining about the nature of the other
users on WC. On top of it, there seems to be a mildly pervasive attitude
that glasswork buyers are "other", like they're some kind of slightly
antagonistic species from another planet. Whether a thread gets closed
seems almost arbitrary. The dynamic really bothers me, so I'm keeping my
distance and only dropping in from time to time to see the pretty stuff.
It's a shame, too, because I really miss some of the people there.

-Kalera

Kandice Seeber wrote:
Hehehehe - it's funny you say this, because at this moment, hubby is telling
me I should stop reading and posting to forums and newsgroups because it's
stressing me out too much. I have more I wish to say, but damn, it would
make me sound like a total bit**!

Old February 20th 04, 03:37 AM
Kalera Stratton

I'm going to take the LWO (Lazy Way Out) and, when I get questions,
point them to your website! Maybe then I can head them off of asking
you, and kill two birds with one stone.

-Kalera

Kandice Seeber wrote:

Yep. I called it done when I wrote that post - pretty much, anyway. I will
just point them over to the info on my website, where the ebay tips post
lives forever. Now I am just complaining and whining to all of you.

Old February 20th 04, 03:40 AM
Karen_AZ

Becki, honey.....you DO know that you were my first hero in all of this Ebay
stuff, RIGHT????? Quickly followed by Sylvie Lansdowne, but you started it
for me. I miss your auctions something awful. Dunno if you noticed, but I
have a set on Justbeads with garnet "berries" I won from you eons ago.
Funny, tonight I'm listing a set with little Sylvie spacers. Go figure.

Let the record show, for everyone to see......BECKI ROCKS!!!!!

KarenK

"BeckiBead" wrote in message
Kandice -- when I was selling and doing well, I got it all the time too

and
damn it, I got tired of telling everyone else how to run their businesses.

just quit answering most of them. It is either that, or write a book. NO

USE
in spending that much time on something for which one does not get paid,

and
does not enjoy. A heated argument or discussion is one thing, but the

same
**** over and over and over and over is another. Waste of time, darling.
Yours.

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the

crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows

Old February 20th 04, 03:42 AM
Karen_AZ

Life is such a tricksy balance, my precious.

THAT is is, of course! The art, the skill, of taking what you need, leaving
the rest, and trying to just leave so much alone. I figure about the time we
get it all "right" we get called elsewhere.

KarenK (sooooo very far from elsewhere, still)

Old February 20th 04, 03:45 AM
Karen_AZ

Once upon a time I'd have written it off as a "chick thing" ducking but
there are a few testosterone-clad types too who are just as bad. WC is yet
another tapdance. I'm trying hard to come to terms with just being out of
many and sundry "loops". Seems easier that way, sorta.

Tactical note: Sticking mostly to fluff posts and the Technical forum goes a
long way towards inner peace. G

KarenK

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
I went through that too, right before my disappearance from WC! massive

snippage

Old February 20th 04, 11:02 AM
Kandice Seeber

waves hands in air OMG!!! That's exactly how I feel! Bugs the
holy crap out of me. That is exactly why I never report andy post at WC,
even when it really is insulting and unnecessary. I've been told several
times there that I should just shut up and take it, by people who have the
authority to close threads. (Not in so many words, but....) And then
someone else will say something and the thread will get closed. Makes no
sense at all to me. But I still post sometimes when I see a topic that I
want to comment on. I know the mods are human, and WC can be a really great
place to be. But I like it here so much better.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old February 20th 04, 11:03 AM
Kandice Seeber

LOL - the technical forum is where I once got ripped to shreads.
The fluff posts and of course, the show&tell posts are fun.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old February 20th 04, 11:03 AM
Kandice Seeber

LOL - okay!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old February 21st 04, 01:06 AM
Barbara Otterson

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:10:27 -0800, "Kandice Seeber"
wrote:

Yep. I called it done when I wrote that post - pretty much, anyway. I will
just point them over to the info on my website, where the ebay tips post
lives forever. Now I am just complaining and whining to all of you.

Thank God! (praise the lord and pass the loot!). I had padlocked
your tips when you posted them, but when I came back a couple
days later...they were gone! I can't figure out why the things I
padlock don't stay padlocked! It's been this way ever since we
upgraded to Windoze xp. I can't save anything in any news
groups anymore.
This time I just printed them out. I don't make many beads
and don't foresee my selling them on e-bay, but I always have
tons of stuff in the shop that are "no longer my style" that I
need to sell off. Your tips are applicable to just about any
thing one wishes to sell.
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post them for
everyone.

Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future
plans.
Woody Allen
Old February 21st 04, 01:27 AM
Margie

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 00:06:09 GMT, Barbara Otterson
wrote:

I can't figure out why the things I
padlock don't stay padlocked! It's been this way ever since we
upgraded to Windoze xp. I can't save anything in any news
groups anymore.

I have Forte Agent and WindowsXP too, Barbara and mine stayed locked
up tight. You have an older version of FA, maybe you need to update?

--
Margie
http://www.handcraftedjewelry.com/st...asp?userid=261