A little better today

Old November 20th 03, 06:41 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default A little better today

So glad you are feeling better.

And tell DD that it could be worse. She could have to walk to school uphill
(both ways) in the snow whilst fighting off rabid amoeba. :-)

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
Feeling a little better, at least mentally today. More jittery than
panicked, which is just Fine By Me. Bob is at the office, so I'm by my

own
bad self, with Sophie the Wonder Dog napping at my feet. There are few
bright spots that have made me laugh, and I wanted to share them.

----------------------

DD walks home from school (in theory), since it's only a half mile away.

In
practice, she gets picked up most of the time, since we don't want her
walking in bad weather or in the dark. She'll also call us if she has a
heavy pack that day, or just doesn't feel like walking. Tuesday, when we

got
home from the hospital, we had this message on the machine:

"Mama and Daddy. I have peer counseling this afternoon, then drama, and

then
a school council meeting at 6:30. There's no point in coming to get me
between drama and the meeting, because it's only half an hour. But I will
need a ride home at seven. Bring food. Or, because you're not home, I
figure that you won't be here. So, I'll just walk home. In the dark.

And
the cold. In a bad neighborhood. All by myself. If I don't make it, I

love
you anyway."

At that point she couldn't maintain her pathetic tone, and the rest of
message was of her laughing. Good thing, because we were laughing, too.
(She got a ride, naturally)

---------------

Bob picked up my prescriptions today, before he went to the office. As is

my
habit, I looked each one up to see the side effects. One caught my eye --
the diuretic has a side effect of causing breast enlargement!

Oh yeah, like I need that.

Thank God I'm not a guy. There's a compication that would be tough to
explain.

-------------

Thanks for all the support, you guys. As you can see, I'm made of rubber

and
am determined to bounce back. :-)

Kathy N-V

Old November 20th 03, 08:49 PM
Diana Curtis

Looks like if that diuretic has that particular side effect in store for you
you're going to need our support even more.
Im sorry.. I couldnt help myself there...
Its good to hear you more like your 'give em hell' self.
Still, hugs and healing vibes being sent,
Diana

"Kathy N-V"

Old November 20th 03, 08:50 PM
Diana Curtis

Gasp, you had to do that too!??
Diana, still frostbit from those trudges thru waist deep snow to and from
school...

Old November 20th 03, 09:11 PM
Kandice Seeber

Rabid amoeba.... splort ROFL!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old November 20th 03, 10:49 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

And I still don't know which was worse...the winter snow or the summer snow
VBG

--

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Gasp, you had to do that too!??
Diana, still frostbit from those trudges thru waist deep snow to and from
school...

--
"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
So glad you are feeling better.

And tell DD that it could be worse. She could have to walk to school

uphill
(both ways) in the snow whilst fighting off rabid amoeba. :-)

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

What I did instead of taking a nap today... Mj Beads 19 November 10th 03 09:45 PM
AD: Auctions ending today, new auctions posted! Kalera Stratton Beads 6 October 3rd 03 04:17 AM
AD: Autumn Auction Ending Today - Tink Tink Beads 0 September 29th 03 03:06 PM
I made earrings today... Jalynne Beads 5 September 19th 03 11:21 PM
No wonder it's so quiet here today!! OT angela Beads 48 August 18th 03 04:27 PM