Selling at Craft Markets

Old February 10th 05, 02:54 PM
lukus

Default Selling at Craft Markets

Hi

I've started designed and making cushions, which I'd like to have a go
at selling on a market stall.

Has anyone got any experience / recommendations about selling on any of
the craft markets in London (UK). At the moment I'm thinking about
using either a Thursday / Friday, as I've heard it's more difficult to
get a site on the weekends... is this true?

Haven't had any experience of selling on a market before, and I'd
really appreciate any advice.

Cheers

lukus

Old February 10th 05, 03:15 PM
Argentice

On 10 Feb 2005 05:54:49 -0800, "lukus" wrote:

Hi

I've started designed and making cushions, which I'd like to have a go
at selling on a market stall.

Has anyone got any experience / recommendations about selling on any of
the craft markets in London (UK). At the moment I'm thinking about
using either a Thursday / Friday, as I've heard it's more difficult to
get a site on the weekends... is this true?

Haven't had any experience of selling on a market before, and I'd
really appreciate any advice.

Cheers

lukus

For what it's worth. I've been at two craft fairs where I was next to
the same woman selling cushions and she took about 500% more than I
took on the same day!!

You should do well if the quality is there, good luck!

Rob
Old February 10th 05, 06:39 PM
Bob

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:15:12 +0000, Argentice
wrote:

On 10 Feb 2005 05:54:49 -0800, "lukus" wrote:

Hi

I've started designed and making cushions, which I'd like to have a go
at selling on a market stall.

Has anyone got any experience / recommendations about selling on any of
the craft markets in London (UK). At the moment I'm thinking about
using either a Thursday / Friday, as I've heard it's more difficult to
get a site on the weekends... is this true?

Haven't had any experience of selling on a market before, and I'd
really appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Not sure how far it is from you but you could try Uxbridge Craft
Market. I've heard its very good, well establish and run by a nice guy
"Leon"

http://www.uxbridge-craft-market.co.uk/

Like most things its worth going along once or twice as a visitor to
see if you think it would suit and what the competition is like :-)

Best of luck
Bob
Old February 16th 05, 02:04 PM
lukus

Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out.

Luke

Old February 16th 05, 03:04 PM
lukus