OT something for those of you who are interested in Terrorism as itHappens (fwd)

Old February 21st 07, 07:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default OT something for those of you who are interested in Terrorism as itHappens (fwd)

If you want to know what is going on in the world of terrorism, threats,
explosions, airline
incidents, etc., keep this web page.?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /
It's not just about terrorism - it's about what is happening every day, every
minute some
place in the world that could affect all of us in some way ...

It updates every 30 seconds, constantly. You just click on any icon on the map
for full info
at any time.

Link for the "Global Incident Map" :

http://www.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

Old February 21st 07, 09:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

If you want to know what is going on in the world of terrorism,
threats, explosions, airline incidents, etc., keep this web
page.?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" / It's not just about
terrorism - it's about what is happening every day, every minute some
place in the world that could affect all of us in some way ...

It updates every 30 seconds, constantly. You just click on any icon
on the map for full info at any time.

Link for the "Global Incident Map" :

http://www.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

Thank you Mirjam.

My husband has also added that to his "favourites".

Old February 21st 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
If you want to know what is going on in the world of terrorism,
threats, explosions, airline
incidents, etc., keep this web page.?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /
It's not just about terrorism - it's about what is happening every
day, every minute some
place in the world that could affect all of us in some way ...

It updates every 30 seconds, constantly. You just click on any icon
on the map for full info
at any time.

Link for the "Global Incident Map" :

http://www.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

Thanks Mirjam......IMO it's not good to keep our heads in the sand. I was
at our local Mall yesterday and came across a vendor selling Dead Sea Salt
skincare products "Premier By Dead Sea" the young Man was very
charming....and cuteG he started out asking if I knew where the Dead Sea
was and I said yes.....he seemed surprised and proceeded to explain the
Products.....first the Jar of salt crystals....this he put a small amount in
my hands, and added a small amount of water....anyway the mixture was rubbed
top and bottom of my hands and I must say it was wonderful.....I get very
dry skin in the winter and my hands are the worse....even this morning after
a day my hands are soft and smooth. Ok we carried on a conversation....he
is from Israel and I made a comment about how it must be a good feeling for
him not to worry about suicide bombers at our Mall and how thankful I am not
to have to worry about it everyday....he said yes it's nice to be in a safe
place.

Well I bought the jar of Dead Sea Salts and a jar of Facial Skin Peel and
will go back Sat as I will have more timeG I have done a search in google
and found a few sites about the products and they are more expensive
here...he has to support himself, this I understand and he did give me a
discount and he made me laugh so I may get a few more items.

Donna

Old February 21st 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I find it schocking , but i think we shouldn`t hide from facts how
horrible they are ,
mirjam

Old February 21st 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Hallo Donna , that was just my point ,, i think if we know about
dangers and how they spread all over , MAYBE we can prevent parts of
it... And with Terror the only thing we can do is PREVENTION ,

Thanks Mirjam......IMO it's not good to keep our heads in the sand. I was
at our local Mall yesterday and came across a vendor selling Dead Sea Salt
skincare products "Premier By Dead Sea" the young Man was very
charming....and cuteG he started out asking if I knew where the Dead Sea

I love Dead Sea products , they are minerals , and i can use them.
I keep using them and when i travel anroad i always bring some to all
mirjam

Old February 21st 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Hallo Donna , that was just my point ,, i think if we know about
dangers and how they spread all over , MAYBE we can prevent parts of
it... And with Terror the only thing we can do is PREVENTION ,

I noticed with interest on the map that there were no events in Saudi Arabia
and China.

Thanks Mirjam......IMO it's not good to keep our heads in the sand.
I was at our local Mall yesterday and came across a vendor selling
Dead Sea Salt skincare products "Premier By Dead Sea" the young Man
was very charming....and cuteG he started out asking if I knew
where the Dead Sea

I love Dead Sea products , they are minerals , and i can use them.
I keep using them and when i travel anroad i always bring some to all
mirjam

Oh well let me know if your going to be in Ohio ;-)

Donna

Old February 21st 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

I find it schocking , but i think we shouldn`t hide from facts how
horrible they are ,
mirjam

http://www.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

snip
--

Mirjam, I totally agree with you.

It is shocking and it is too easy to sit in a (reasonably) safe country
and remain detached from events you see on the news because it is not
happening in your street. That is why I am grateful to you for posting
this method of finding more information, and why I have passed it on to
my husband also.

Much of what I see happening in the world makes me feel physically sick
because I believe that hatred, violence and intolerance simply breeds
even more hatred, violence and intolerance. Terrorism, in any form, is
the sickest method of trying to prove your point in my opinion.

Back in 1974 my dearest friend's husband was killed in the IRA bombings
in Birmingham town centre. I had moved away from there on my marriage
some years before that but I know the devastation it can cause in
people's lives.

Old February 21st 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen spun a FINE 'yarn':

If you want to know what is going on in the world of terrorism,
threats, explosions, airline incidents, etc., keep this web
page.?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" / It's not just about
terrorism - it's about what is happening every day, every minute some
place in the world that could affect all of us in some way ...

It updates every 30 seconds, constantly. You just click on any icon
on the map for full info at any time.

Link for the "Global Incident Map" :

http://www.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

My dear dear friend, thank you for sharing this link. I've bookmarked
it.
We all need to keep abreast of these situations, we Americans, until
9-1-1 had our heads in the sand, and now need to realize the global
ramifications of ALL terror activities.
Even with these terrible things happening all over our shared planet, I
am extremely grateful for our global friendships *here* at rcty.
Some day I shal see Israel....
Hugs,
Noreen

--