Happy Mardi Gras, Ya'll!

Old February 20th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Default Happy Mardi Gras, Ya'll!

I've been out for a while, but wanted to pop in to wish you all a
wonderful Fat Tuesday. If Olwyn Mary is around, I hope all is well in
NOLA and you and your lovely town have fared well through the madness.

Hesira

Old February 21st 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Hesira wrote:

I've been out for a while, but wanted to pop in to wish you all a
wonderful Fat Tuesday. If Olwyn Mary is around, I hope all is well in
NOLA and you and your lovely town have fared well through the madness.

I'll second that, and throw in a "Laissez les bon temps rouler!!"

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Old February 21st 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

The Other Kim spun a FINE 'yarn':

Hesira wrote:

I've been out for a while, but wanted to pop in to wish you all a
wonderful Fat Tuesday. If Olwyn Mary is around, I hope all is well
in NOLA and you and your lovely town have fared well through the
madness.

I'll second that, and throw in a "Laissez les bon temps rouler!!"

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

I'll THIRD it!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Old February 21st 07, 10:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"hesira" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been out for a while, but wanted to pop in to wish you all a
wonderful Fat Tuesday. If Olwyn Mary is around, I hope all is well in
NOLA and you and your lovely town have fared well through the madness.

Hesira

We call it Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day in Britain.

Husband, three sons and I spent the weekend in the Scottish Highlands,
hunting with hawks. It was very hard on my poor old legs, all that walking
up and down very rough mountainsides :-( I spent Saturday afternoon
sitting in the parked car, knitting, because it was too hard but I made the
mistake of going with them on Sunday afternoon and really suffered. We drove
home on Monday and yesterday (Shrove Tuesday) was spent with husband and No
3 son gutting, skinning and jointing the rabbits the men bagged. I didn't
get round to the pheasant, they're still hanging in the pantry.

My legs by this time were so bad that I couldn't bear the thought of
standing at the stove so we got out the Raclette and made little individual
pancakes as we wanted them. It was a very good idea, no smell of frying, no
going back and forth between the kitchen and dining room and I was sitting
down all the time. We'll do it again :-)

I'd also do the hunting again, despite the pain, it was a fantastic
experience in glorious scenery and brilliant weather!

Mary

FA: LOT OF 19 MARDI GRAS MASKS - CLOSES in 2 HOURS - MUST SEE [email protected] Beads 5 August 9th 05 07:04 PM
FA: LOT OF 19 MARDI GRAS --- AWESOME DEAL [email protected] Marketplace 0 August 8th 05 10:11 PM
Mardi Gras Beads? Lois Oster Beads 16 June 7th 04 07:10 AM
OT - Happy Mardi Gras Kate T. Quilting 3 February 27th 04 01:24 PM