Clothes line Those small sandwiches...

Old July 4th 03, 03:46 AM
Els van Dam

In article , biig wrote:

I'm still here Els...just don't post much, but always read most
posts. We had a great day. Nice weather, but today's
hoooottttt.....and steamy......Sharon in SW Ontario Canada

Hello Sharon in SW Ontario.......I am glad you are still there, but I was
replying to Katherine's message below yours. Katherine had just said
goodbuy to us for the coming month, and so I was surpriced to see her
posting. Where in SW Ontario are you.....Sharon. During our last trip to
Toronto, our oldest daughter took us for a long weekend to Georgean Bay to
a cottage they have rented for this summer, just North of Port Perry. The
Georgean Bay area is so pretty. When we still lived in Toronto, we spend
many holidays there, and also on the Bruce peninsula. The waters can by
icy cold for a long time after the winter is over, but once it warms up
the swimming is just great.

Els

Els

Els van Dam wrote:

In article ,
(Katherine) wrote:

biig wrote
I can remember my grandfather's long johns frozen stiff, standing
beside the wood stove in the dining room to thaw out enough to lay over
the folding wooden clothes rack. Now I've dated myself....Sharon in SW
Ontario Canada

Don't worry about it, Sharon! I share those memories. (Well, not of
your grandfather's long johns, but you get the idea. g)
Katherine

Hello kiddo.....I thought you were gone...you have found a library or
someones computer...great.....

Who is worried on Canada Day anyway......

hope you had a great one at the other side of the country

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 4th 03, 03:54 PM
Els van Dam

Oh, the pictures I now have! LOL
Katherine

I hoped you would, it is a bit different than all that flaunting of female
curves in adds......LOL

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 9th 03, 05:56 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Nora this is awful !!!
i think now adays with enviroment and ecology , you could try and
change that , [ Driers take up electricity]
Here one can hang outside but has to hang some Cover or hide , for it
!!!
I think this are stupid rules ,
many yars ago Elinor Roosevelt , came to visit here see all those new
Housing for all the Refugees Isarel absorbed. A housing plant was told
not to hang their washing outside !!! when her entourage came , she
refused to go to the designated housing and insisted on going to the
other one [ where washing Naturally hung to dry] saying she likes to
meet those ;`Clean People`!!!
true story ,,, Engineers devised hides for wash that are too small
thus people hang it all around those hides ,, But when you visit old
cities you think it is charming !!!
time to cahnge this stupid law !!!!
mirjam

You lucky ladies that can hang your clothes out to dry. I wish I could but it's
a no-no to have a clothes line where I live. In fact there are some housing
places that it is written in the association rules, no clothes lines.

Hugs,

Nora

Old July 11th 03, 09:06 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Gwen How come your city is a the Skin cancer capital ??? your sun
isn`t as strong as our share , But we learned to sort of cover
ourselves with cloth or cream . in former years i would get dark olive
colours as quoickly as posiible every spring , now i avoid the sun as
much as possible and am a lighter version of myself !!!
mirjam

Ophelia and katherine - that can happen here with the sun too - and besides
it burns *you *while you are hanging the things out. We also have to keep
the blinds pulled when the sun shines in or the furniture - both cloth and
wood gets bleached We are, of course, the skin cancer capital of the
world but just yesterday our scientists have a vacine almost ready to go on