quilt block name

Old February 23rd 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default quilt block name

Does anyone know another name for this block?

http://www.quilterscache.com/O/Onthe...railBlock.html

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
and when you get the chance
to sit it out or dance.......

Old February 23rd 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

no, sorry. I do know Cappy was collecting that block in swaps for a king
? size quilt.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old February 23rd 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

On Feb 22, 8:05*pm, "Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com
wrote:
Does anyone know another name for this block?

http://www.quilterscache.com/O/Onthe...railBlock.html

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
and when you get the chance
to sit it out or dance.......
I hope you dance

sorry, i only know it as the Oregon Trail.

pretty, tho!

amy in CNY
Old February 23rd 08, 08:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Can't help with an alternative name, Karen; but I can deepen the puzzle!
I looked in my Barbara Brackman encyclopaedia for Oregon Trail block and
the ones I found under that name were nothing at all like the one you
showed us? These were all based on Drunkard's Path.

If I had time, I would go through her book to find the one you are
questioning. But, perhaps it isn't a traditional block at all?

It's a lovely block - I do like it a lot!
..

In message 6jKvj.45489$9j6.32076@attbi_s22, "Karen, Queen of
Squishies" writes
Does anyone know another name for this block?

http://www.quilterscache.com/O/Onthe...railBlock.html

Karen, Queen of Squishies

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 24th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

wrote:
Does anyone know another name for this block?

http://www.quilterscache.com/O/Onthe...railBlock.html

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
and when you get the chance
to sit it out or dance.......
I hope you dance

He reaches for his trusty 5500 Quilt block design book and finds! Page
21, #162, Nine Patch based block called, "Mrs Bryan's Choice". The
colors are different than those shown in your example, of course, and
there is a slight difference in positioning of the color blocks, but
it is pretty close. Hope this helps.

John
Old February 24th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

wrote:
Does anyone know another name for this block?

http://www.quilterscache.com/O/Onthe...railBlock.html

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
and when you get the chance
to sit it out or dance.......
I hope you dance

He reaches for his trusty 5500 Quilt block design book and finds! Page
21, *#162, Nine Patch based block called, "Mrs Bryan's Choice". The
colors are different than those shown in your example, of course, and
there is a slight difference in positioning of the color blocks, but
it is pretty close. Hope this helps.

John

I've seen that book but never bought it. I found it online with a very large
chunk of preview pages. What a great resource! I search through what they
showed and If you go further into that section you'll find a pattern called
Maple Leaf (I have no idea why it's called that!) on page 34 #359. The only
difference to the Oregon Trail block is the outside corner squares of the 4
patches and the flying geese blocks are pointed in rather than out.http://books.google.com/books?id=fUg...q=359+Maple+Le...

I'm sure there's an exact match out there somewhere.
--
Jeri
"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because

I think the rule is; if you change one element of any block, you can
name it anything you want. Just kidding! There are many variations of
names for the same thing, I have found. I think it depends on the time
frame for the popularity, of the block, and the regional preference.

John
Old February 24th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
desert quilter

On Feb 22, 5:05*pm, "Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com
wrote:
Does anyone know another name for this block?

http://www.quilterscache.com/O/Onthe...railBlock.html

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
and when you get the chance
to sit it out or dance.......
I hope you dance

I'm using that block now for a king-sized summer weight quilt, but
unfortunately, I only know it by the name you already have.

Best regards,
Michelle in NV

The quilt block that almost did me in! Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 45 July 31st 05 10:24 PM
Quilt Block Mary in Washington Quilting 7 May 24th 05 12:37 AM
quilt block name teleflora Quilting 9 February 27th 05 03:37 PM
looking for quilt block Bonnie Quilting 6 March 18th 04 03:07 AM
Hat quilt block Julia in MN Quilting 4 January 7th 04 01:44 PM