Sunday AM: rcty, coffee, blog-surfing, etc

Old March 12th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Sunday AM: rcty, coffee, blog-surfing, etc

Goooood morning, RCTY!
It's now 8:18 am here in the central standard timezone in middle Tennessee,
USA (-6 gmt).
We had a gorgeous day yesterday, and looking for a repeat today.
I've been up for about two hours, have had coffee, worked on the edging for
Jacey's "TN Vols" afghan, worked a few rows on Terri's socks, and am
dreading fixing the side-bar on my blog....
I've spent waaaay too much time in front of the computer the past few days,
working on getting Christy's domain, hosting, and website up... and in the
meantime, ended up with a new domain myself!
Tomorrow, I *really* have to work on paperwork... yuck.
Waving my mug of java, going blog-surfing now....
Hugs,
Noreen

http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.

Old March 12th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

It is just past 10am here. I'm on my second coffee (something between
a latte and a cappucino, I love my espresso machine!). Breakfast this
morning was by the lazy method: leftover Scottish porridge (steel-cut
oatmeal for the 'merkins), fruit, heat-n-eat sausages. I just wasn't
up to flapping jacks this morning

I finished a sock yesterday of handspun yarn, realized after I cast on
the second sock that the second ball of yarn is SUBSTANTIALLY finer
than the first. So I shall have two odd socks that match each other.
I do have enough yarn in the second ball to make a pair of socks, so I
may have only one odd sock hehehe

I'm on the hunt for buttons for a handspun sweater I'm planning. I
did some sample spinning and swatching before my surgery, will need to
do more as my tension will most likely be different now. If you
stumble on any ruby red rhinestone buttons of at least 3/4" PLEASE let
me know where they are and how I can buy them. The ones I like best
at the local button enabler's shop cost $12 each, and I need seven of
them. Certainly not over the top for a handspun, handknit sweater,
but the thought of spending that much on buttons makes my teeth hurt!

I'm spending the rest of the day catching up all the mundane chores
that didn't get done while I was in the cast - scrubbing bathrooms,
scrubbing cat boxes, grubbing up the more stubborn interlopers from
the patch of weeds I'm trying to garden... The list is endless, as I'm
sure you all know

But for the next 15 minutes I'm sitting on my butt doing nothing
except reading email!

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old March 12th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Good Morning everyone

It's almost noon here and I haven't been up for too long today. Ended
up with a either a sinus or lung infection or both so not feeling too
great today. Most of my day today is going to be curled on and maybe
working on a baby afghan that I have on the go.

Take care
Darlene in Toronto

Old March 12th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Good morning everyone. It is 9:11 here and I have a little quiet time
before joining my DH at church. He sings in the choir and left at 8:20
to practice.

I got an e-mail from my DD this morning saying the package of sweaters
I sent last week had arrived. The little DGD (age 4) was wearing her
Pooh sweater at breakfast as she had slept in it.
I guess that one was a hit. I made it of Canadiana so it will take
about anything she can give it and can be washed. I told DD that it
was meant as a play sweater. The other sweater for her was a top down
raglan of Red Heart - similar story. I also made a sweater for DGD#1 -
the teen - and the jury is still out on that one. DD hasn't had much
of a conversation with her yet and always best on clothes to wait for
her to volunteer an opinion. It is always a risk making something for a
teen but at least she knows I am thinking of her. Unfortunately I sent
the sweaters off before taking a picture of them. However, the DGD#1
sweater is the pink one on this Elann page-
http://secure.elann.com/productdisp....erBy=&Count=18
I also finished DH's vest! He tried it on and declared that it fit. I
think in future I would make it a little longer, though. It seemed ok
when I checked out the back before starting on the cabled side but I
think another half inch would have been better. Not sure I want to fix
it if he doesn't complain though. I may even be able to block it out a
bit longer. I will try to take a pic of it - it doesn't need to be
sent away.

Whew - that means I am relieved from my vow to get the WIPs finished
before casting on anything more. Sooo - last night I cast on a Meadow
Flowers shawl from the Knitters Stash book. It is in a ruby colored
lace weight - being made for the silent auction at a fundraiser next
fall called Ruby Dance. (The title refers to the return of the salmon
in the stream systen we are restoring in our community. The fish are
coming back now that the barriers have been removed and the streamsides
replanted in native plants etc etc.)

The sun is out here today - we have had some freak weather the last few
days but I guess it was just March coming in like a Lion. All is well
this am.

Old March 12th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Everyone,

It's a cloudy afternnoon here in upstate NY, they said we may get rain
later on, but it's better then snow so I won't mind.

Had a great shopping day yesterday at AC Moore, I know I needed more
yarn like a hole in the head, but when it's all on sale, who can
resist. There were ladies there buying more then me, they had their
shopping carts filled to the brim. I only came away with sixteen skeins
and mine is all the Red Heart Supersaver and Caron while they had the
more expensive kinds. The two new Spupersaver colors weren't there and
the clerk said they couldn't keep them in stock so will have to wait
for them. The two shades are bonbon and candy print.

Today is a lazy day and will get some crocheting done.

Hugs,

Nora

Old March 13th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Judy, that pink sweater for your granddaughter is really pretty. I bet she
loves it, even if she doesn't make any appreciative comments. Teens, hmm?
LOL I remember being the same way (for a while) when I was a teen....
usually polite and smiled at other people (see I did remember my manners
that I had been taught), but family members got the grumpy brooding me.

How nice that you (your area) have restored the stream for the salmon. It
is so good when people start giving back to nature what they realize
shouldn't have been taken away to begin with. That is very nice of you to
donate a shawl to be auctioned off to help out with the fundraising for this
venture. )

Gemini

oups.com...