New LQS in Tucson

Old June 19th 04, 10:39 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Default New LQS in Tucson

My friend and I drove to Bella Quilting today. They had 25% off *all
fabric!* Not just some special fabrics brought in for the sale, but all
fabrics! I spent way too much, and loved every second of it. They have
grand fabric, super-nice staff, and although there must have been between 50
and 100 customers in the shop at any given moment, nobody got cranky! A
wonderful S.E.X. experience!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old June 19th 04, 11:26 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Carolyn McCarty" wrote:

My friend and I drove to Bella Quilting today. They had 25% off *all
fabric!* Not just some special fabrics brought in for the sale, but all
fabrics! I spent way too much, and loved every second of it. They have
grand fabric, super-nice staff, and although there must have been between 50
and 100 customers in the shop at any given moment, nobody got cranky! A
wonderful S.E.X. experience!

Carolyn, I used to shop in Tucson a lot when I lived in Arizona. Where
is Bella Quilting located? Have any of the other shops closed? Cactus?
Precious Hands? Quilt Basket? Someday I may actually get back there to
look around again. g
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old June 20th 04, 01:13 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Precious Hands is closed...broke my heart! They also had a great selection
of fabric and helpful, friendly staff. Cactus Quilts is still around and is
still a great source for cat fabrics and patterns. I don't shop there any
more because the service is so poor. Haven't been to The Quilt Basket yet,
from what I've heard it's quite expensive. The Desert Quilters Patch is in
Sahuarita, and is still going strong. A new shop in Oracle, the Purr-fect
Quilters' Cottage, is good and I like the store, though their prices seem a
tad high. They have great flannels, by the way. If you liked Precious
Hands, I think you would like Bella Quilting. Let us know if you get into
town, and maybe we can do a mini-shop hop in Tucson. Cyndi and I have done
that a couple of times, once with Pati Cook, and it was great fun.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo, who is waiting for the heat to let up so she can
go wash this new fabric!

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old June 20th 04, 02:47 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Carolyn McCarty" wrote:

Precious Hands is closed...broke my heart! They also had a great selection
of fabric and helpful, friendly staff.

Oh no! I was thrilled when they first opened!

Cactus Quilts is still around and is
still a great source for cat fabrics and patterns. I don't shop there any
more because the service is so poor.

That's sad to hear, too. They were really nice at first, though I'm not
big on cat fabrics.

Haven't been to The Quilt Basket yet,
from what I've heard it's quite expensive.

I never liked that shop much. They were expensive, as you say, and they
were snooty, too. If you didn't shop there twice a week, they wouldn't
help you.

The Desert Quilters Patch is in
Sahuarita, and is still going strong.

I've only been there once, and it was such fun!

A new shop in Oracle, the Purr-fect
Quilters' Cottage, is good and I like the store, though their prices seem a
tad high.

Good to know -- just in case.

They have great flannels, by the way. If you liked Precious
Hands, I think you would like Bella Quilting. Let us know if you get into
town, and maybe we can do a mini-shop hop in Tucson. Cyndi and I have done
that a couple of times, once with Pati Cook, and it was great fun.

That would be fun! I don't get to Tucson much anymore (haven't been
since 2000!), but you never know. g

Old June 21st 04, 03:45 AM
Pati Cook

And Cyndi and I did it once without Carolyn. Always up for a drive down/up to
Tucson and a shop hop. There is also another new shop open I understand, and
Quilt Basket has changed owners and I have been told the prices have come down
some too.

Got to get down there some day for a shop hop myself. G I can stay with my
Mom if I want to do a 2-day trip.

Pati, in Phx

Old June 21st 04, 03:46 AM
Pati Cook

Also Purr-fect Quilter's Cottage has wonderful homemade fudge for sale.

Pati, in Phx

Old June 21st 04, 07:00 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Pati Cook wrote:

Also Purr-fect Quilter's Cottage has wonderful homemade fudge for sale.

Pati, in Phx

As though we needed another excuse to shop there!
Old June 22nd 04, 03:06 AM
Pati Cook

I know, but they always have several different flavors and it is sooooooooo
good. Good thing I don't live down in that area.

They also specialize in cat fabrics.

Pati, in PHx

Old June 22nd 04, 07:06 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Pati Cook wrote:

I know, but they always have several different flavors and it is sooooooooo
good. Good thing I don't live down in that area.

They also specialize in cat fabrics.

Pati, in PHx

Drat! Doesn't *anyone* specialize in dog fabrics?

Tucson 2005 - VERY long! Mj Beads 5 February 8th 05 05:17 AM
[Ganoksin] The 9th Annual Tucson Orchid Dinner Ganoksin Polymer Clay 0 January 11th 05 02:57 AM
Tucson Plans Anyone? Karen_AZ Beads 6 December 16th 04 05:02 AM
Guess who's coming to Tucson? Mj Beads 2 October 5th 04 12:40 PM
REALLY Can't Wait for Tucson! Karen_AZ Beads 2 January 14th 04 05:27 AM