Books

Old August 8th 03, 10:56 AM
Stefania Bressan

Default Books

I've just received by snail mail a book that I've ordered after the
thread on the books.
It's Ambuter's "The open canvas". I've found it used, for a good
price. And I'm very happy, especially for the filet, reticello and
hedebo instructions.
For those of you that already own it, you may be interested in a
"errata corrige": in page 221, she talks about "Amelia Ars" Society.
It is "Aemilia Ars".

So, thank you RCTN, for the useful info.

Ciao, Stefania
--
Stefania Bressan (Italy)
http://digilander.libero.it/angolostefania
Old August 8th 03, 01:25 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

I'll correct the name in my copy of this book.
Just remember: you don't have to do this on canvas. grin In fact,
much of it WASN'T done on canvas, but on ordinary cloth. But if yu want
to teach yourself, canvas is a good place to start, and this book has
excellent graphics and how-to's.

The Hedebo is "new". I have a pattern and want to do the "old" Hedebo.
Similar to Schwalm.

Dianne

Old August 8th 03, 07:21 PM
Stefania Bressan

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 07:25:45 -0500, Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

Just remember: you don't have to do this on canvas. grin

I agree :-))
In fact, I was quite surprised to see hedebo & reticello instructions
for canvas (urgh!)
In fact,
much of it WASN'T done on canvas, but on ordinary cloth. But if yu want
to teach yourself, canvas is a good place to start, and this book has
excellent graphics and how-to's.

Mmmh... I wouldn't start on canvas, in any case. A lower count linen,
yes. But canvas...
I like very much the graphics, it's rare to find graphics so clear.

(You owe me an e-mail, do you remember? ;-)) )

Ciao, Stefania