I want to ask something....please humbly help me.....

Old May 25th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default I want to ask something....please humbly help me.....

On May 24, 12:29 am, TimGalisin88 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce myself first.I'm Timothy Galisin and I'm 19
and from Sabah,Malaysia.I'm a new member of this group.

I'm been making Ojos de Dios for quite sometime.i been making this
since 3 months ago but it rested a month later.
I resumed making them a week ago but I became highly unsatisfied by
making only the Diamond-shaped Ojos de Dios.I wished to try and make
any variations to it and making new shapes of the Ojos de Dios.

I've heard from people and websites that there is a book on Ojos de
Dios and It is said to contain Instructions and new models that i've
never heard and tried before.I wished to have this book but I can't
afford it from Ebay or Amazon or any book selling sites.

I wondered if there is anyone who is willing and generously lend me
the book on Ojos de Dios? If there is anyone giving it,It will be most
appreciated and generous of you all.I ask because I would like to try
out the new patterns that I've never tried before.

So, Please help me and I hope that anyone is willing to help me
out.Please read this properly to avoid miscommunication and
misunderstanding.I apologize in advance if my message sounds offending
to anyone.

Thanks and God bless.

Timothy G. of Sabah,Malaysia.

Perhaps if you already know how to do the diamond and you can find
some pics on the internet (amazon site = book cover) then maybe you
can try on your own to figure out how to do a different shaped one.
Trial and error and you can develop your own designs. Its all fun
that way. I do it with crochet if I don't have a pattern, I will try
out of my head. Doesn't always work but give it a try.

Good Luck

Old May 25th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
TimGalisin88

On May 25, 9:01 am, Vintage Purls wrote:
On May 25, 12:11 pm, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply

wrote:
Vintage Purls wrote:
Well, given the area of the world that it is in and my lack of personal
knowledge about the country,

Then why comment on its resources at all?

I would not automatically assume it is an affluent country.

You seem to have automatically assumed that because Malaysia is
outside of the USA it is deficient some how. Libraries are pretty
basic resources, there would be few countries on this earth I would
assume did not have some sort of library resource. If a country has
Internet access, then I think it's reasonable to expect it has public
collections of books.

Thanks everyone for trying to **** people off.I'm quite offended but
don't worry I'm not detesting anyone.
And you people are going Off-Topic than what I originally posted in
here.
All i ask is help and I got slanders, and some negativity and this is
not helping at all.

Let's make this simple so that nobody got offended or what.....
If anyone wants to help me,then help me.....If no one's helping,then
don't comment or talk bad about me or my country.

Let me clarify this.....
I'm 19 this year and just celebrated my 19th B'day on April 19th this
year.I'm not claiming things and so don't brand me a liar.
I'm for real and not fake.No assumptions please.....I'm truly from
Malaysia and not some fakers who fake themselves.

So to conclude it read my post,help me if anyones willing to help me
and if anyone is not helping me,don't comment much and talk bad things
about me.
Thanks and sorry if it is offending to anyone.

With humility and peace,
Timothy G. of Sabah,Malaysia.

Old May 25th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Default OT: Country Wealth

On May 25, 1:55 pm, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
I have friends who live in Singapore, which is practically right next
door to Malaysia, Indonesia, etc., and my impression from what they say
is that while Singapore is affluent, the surrounding countries are, for
the most part, very poor.

Singapore - Fantastic place! Absolutely on my "to visit again" list.
Have you been to visit your friends?

I grant you that Malaysia is not as wealthy as Singapore but it's not
what I would call poor. I live in New Zealand - we aren't as wealthy
as Singapore either but we are so far from being a poor nation it
isn't funny.

Old May 25th 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

TimGalisin88 wrote:

All i ask is help and I got slanders, and some negativity and this is
not helping at all.

Let's make this simple so that nobody got offended or what.....
If anyone wants to help me,then help me.....If no one's helping,then
don't comment or talk bad about me or my country.

I was not commenting badly about your or your country. I didn't see
anybody slander you. I merely pointed out that it is probably a very
unreasonable request to make to be asking a total stranger to loan you a
book and ship it overseas and you might want to lower your expectations
or your wishes.
Old May 25th 07, 06:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"TimGalisin88" wrote in message

Thanks everyone for trying to **** people off.I'm quite offended but
don't worry I'm not detesting anyone.
And you people are going Off-Topic than what I originally posted in
here.

You have a lot of nerve coming on here where noone knows you, asking to lend
a book without a title, and then YOU are ****ed off?

Let's make this simple so that nobody got offended or what.....
If anyone wants to help me,then help me.....If no one's helping,then
don't comment or talk bad about me or my country.

Yes, let's make this really simple. The thing about Usenet, is you're going
to get the comments anyway, so don't try to tell people to be quiet. If you
want some designs, do your own work and look them up on the Internet
yourself. People here have been quite friendly, offering you help, which
isn't good enough for you. You keep insisting you want someone to send/lend
this book to a person who is totally unknown to them, no doubt they should
pay the postage too.

Let me clarify this.....
I'm 19 this year and just celebrated my 19th B'day on April 19th this
year.I'm not claiming things and so don't brand me a liar.

That's the thing about the Internet - there are lots of liars and fakes,
especially ones who try to part people from their money, so what do you
expect when you come unknown to this group? People are right to be
cautious, and if you don't like it, too bad.

And if people here want to discuss your country, they're going to discuss
it. Maybe you need to back off. It doesn't sound like anyone has this
unknown book and is willing to send it you.

Your posts sound like those Nigerian scam e-mails that have been circulating
for years.

Old May 25th 07, 11:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
TimGalisin88

On May 25, 1:05 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
[...]

Maybe you're right maybe I should back off and do not make this
worse.....I'm not a scam.I'm too honest to scam other people.
Maybe I become too insisting that everyone made it sounds like a scam
or something that gets in other people's nerves.

Maybe I should cool down as well.I get rather too emotional when
certain issues have connections to my country as i certainly do not
like anyone talking bad about my country.

Let's make this simple and we will have peace.With all due respect,I
didn't mean for this to happen so I apologize and I have respect for
you people.

So let's be friends again and resolve this issue once and for all
without dragging this issue any longer.

Thanks and God Bless.

With humility and peace,
Timothy G. of Sabah,Malaysia.

Old May 25th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

If you need to borrow a book how about a local library ?

Old May 25th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

TimGalisin88 wrote:
[...]

Tim

It appears there are various public and internet libraries in Sabah
where I'm sure the librarians would be able to help you to find what you
want. Two of the links are at http://www.ipl.org/div/news/browse/MY/ and
http://www.ssl.sabah.gov.my/

If you e-mail either of them they will be able to advise you.
Good luck with your search.
Bernadette
Old May 26th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Hello Timothy!

I'm sorry, I don't have any book to make these pretty designs, but I just
went searching on Google when I saw your posted message. Unfortunately
these are all I could find...

http://www.allfreecrafts.com/nature/ojo-de-dios.shtml

http://ojos-de-dios.com/ojodirections.html

http://www.berroco.com/knitbits/1_10...ts_088_kc.html

http://www.e-scoutcraft.com/string/eye_of_god.html

http://www.caron-net.com/kidfiles/kidsapr.html - tells how to make them more
complex
---
Write-ups about them...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God's_eye

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/6580/forum.html
---
Check out the picture, it's beautiful.. WOW, that must have taken a long
time to make...

http://ojos-de-dios.com/

I hope these urls help a little bit.

*hugs*
Gemini
(Ontario, Canada)

Old May 27th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
[...]

Hi,

Thanks for posting all the sites. I followed this thread because I had no
idea what was being discussed and wanted to find out what this craft was.

I've saved your post to my "craft" file as just a quick glance informed me
that I might be able to adapt some of the patterns to the bead work I enjoy.

Thanks again!
Murielle