April FO's

Old May 2nd 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

Default April FO's

I didn't see anyone start an April FO's thread so thought I'd begin. I
finally got my pictures semi-organized on flickr so am excited to share!

FO's:

Branching Out Scarf
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/204/4...28b401.jpg?v=0
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/182/4...d2b015.jpg?v=0
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/188/4...04f965.jpg?v=0

Toe-up Socks
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/185/4...046ac3.jpg?v=0

Washcloth and Bib
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/188/4...3856d4.jpg?v=0

March FO's (I never posted and really liked some of these!):

Child's Placket-neck Pullover
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/210/4...1047f7.jpg?v=0

"Clown" Cargo Longies
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/211/4...8d4905.jpg?v=0

Katja Tanktop
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/207/4...8d345f.jpg?v=0
DD looks sooo cute in this! I recommend this pattern for those w/ a
special little girl in their lives.

And this one was finished a while ago but I think the picture is cute so I
have to share
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/4...9b015c.jpg?v=0

Okay, I hope those links work. Flickr is a whole new world for me. Thanks
for taking the time to check out my work!

Cheers,
LauraJ

Old May 2nd 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Laura J wrote:

[...]

You have been busy and what a lovely selection.

I think my favourite is the scarf. It is beautiful and I love those
soft colours. I can't get over the size of those tiny little feet in
the striped socks. :-)

Old May 2nd 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

--

Thank you, Bernadette. The scarf was my first lace project, which I posted
about a couple of weeks ago looking for advice. I was happy with how it

Hm, the owner of those tiny feet sounds like she is hungry. Better go!

LauraJ

Old May 2nd 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

I keep thinking of doing a branching out scarf. Yours looks great.
Looks like you have been busy.
In April I mostly worked on things for the Afghans for Afghans Mothers
Day project - a blanket, three hats and a variety of baby socks (made
from my sock leftovers). I also finished a pair of cadet grey
wildfoote socks for my DH.

My WIPs include a felted bag for me and a celtic sweater for me.

In my stash and on my mind --- a Dale baby wool crossover cardigan for
a new little person - sort of built like one of those tiny baby
undershirts. I have very light green for the main color with the baby
blue and really light yellow for the accent binding and ties. I may
make a little cap to go with it.

I have more sock yarn -- including some nice yarn from Norway that is
more sport weight that I want to use for hiking socks.

I have some lace weight that is enough for a scarf -- maybe I will try
a branching out scarf with it.

That little bib is sweet.

Judy

Old May 4th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Laura J" wrote in message
I didn't see anyone start an April FO's thread so thought I'd begin. I
finally got my pictures semi-organized on flickr so am excited to share!

Loved the pictures Laura. We didn't post March FO's either, so I'm gonna
list both....

April
Multi-coloured baby sweater & cap for DIL's expected baby.
"Lucy" socks as seen on Wendy Knits blog.

March
Variegated baby blanket for same baby as above
White cotton baby "mary janes"
Variegated purple Flickering Flames socks
2nd cap to go with Baby Arnold sweater from February
Gloves for me in Rowan "Tapestry" yarn. (nummy yarn)
White cotton baby scratch mittens
Mint green Cottontots baby cap

It's so fun knitting baby things because then it looks like you've done a
lot! (laugh)

Shelagh

Old May 6th 07, 08:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

That scarf is gorgeous Laura! Good job!
I finally finished my pullover sweater that I started last year.
Would have finished sooner but got distracted by other projects
LOL. I also made a pair of socks out of the Regia Jaquard - the one
that makes the different shades of blue stripes. Will be perfect to
wear with jeans.
Marie and the cats

Old May 16th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

Thanks for the compliments! Like yarn, you can never get enough of them

The branching out scarf was lots of fun. One thing that is nice about it is
since it is a scarf you can use whatever weight yarn you want. I used sock
yarn. I believe the pattern gives directions for two different weights.

LauraJ

ups.com...

Old May 16th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"Laura J" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Shelagh. I have been saving that stuff up for so long and we
finally had a nice enough day (and a few extra minutes) to go outside and
take the pictures. Sounds like you have been busy too! I agree with your
take on knitting baby items! Though I have been having such knitter's block
lately. I think I need a big project to work on so I don't have to think of
something new to knit every week - what happened to the girl who used to
have 10 projects on the needles at a time and 10 more in the back of her
mind???

LauraJ

Old May 16th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

Thanks, Marie! It was a fun project - never thought I'd enjoy lace but I
was wrong! Do we get to see pictures of your work? I'd especially love to
see the sweater.

LauraJ

oups.com...

Old May 18th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Hi Laura: You can see some of my stuff on Photobucket.com
Bienchat is the password to type in. The shoulders of the sweater got
a little scrunched up in the picture, (dont ask). Now that I think
about it, I don't have a picture of the other sweater I finished on
there. But the striped pullover is the first pic. The Regia Jaquard
socks are in the 2nd pic. BTW, I got some pretty green mohair blend
yarn that I started the Branching out scarf with. I don't know if the
yarn was too fine or if the scarf needs to be blocked for a good look,
but I wasn't too excited with how it was coming out so I frogged it.
I'm going to try it again with a thicker yarn.
Marie and the cats

On May 16, 6:12 am, "Laura J" wrote:
Thanks, Marie! It was a fun project - never thought I'd enjoy lace but I
was wrong! Do we get to see pictures of your work? I'd especially love to
see the sweater.

LauraJ

oups.com...

On May 2, 12:59 pm, "Laura J" wrote:
[...]

LauraJ- Hide quoted text -

April FO's Shillelagh Yarn 2 May 6th 06 06:44 AM
My Nov. FO's norabalcer Yarn 0 December 2nd 05 03:49 AM
April FO's Shillelagh Yarn 8 May 2nd 05 02:44 PM
My Jan. FO's NoraBalcer Yarn 17 February 7th 04 07:31 PM
re FO's G.Kelly Yarn 2 January 11th 04 02:31 PM