Machine cover from leftovers

Old February 22nd 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default Machine cover from leftovers

I had some leftovers from the quilt I made for myself and decided to
give my Janome 1600 a new cover. Here is the result. Nice and tight
fitting and made to fit. I cut down the size of the sashing, in half,
as it leant itself to a smaller sashing style than I used on the
quilt. Enjoy!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635xrrYRT

John
Old February 22nd 09, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:53:25 -0600, John wrote
(in article
):

I had some leftovers from the quilt I made for myself and decided to
give my Janome 1600 a new cover. Here is the result. Nice and tight
fitting and made to fit. I cut down the size of the sashing, in half,
as it leant itself to a smaller sashing style than I used on the
quilt. Enjoy!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635xrrYRT

John

Great work!

Maureen

Old February 23rd 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

well done....

How many miles do you have on your machine? I think you have it running 23
hours a day!

--
Kate in MI

Old February 23rd 09, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

"John" wrote in message

I had some leftovers from the quilt I made for myself and decided to
give my Janome 1600 a new cover. Here is the result. Nice and tight
fitting and made to fit. I cut down the size of the sashing, in half,
as it leant itself to a smaller sashing style than I used on the
quilt. Enjoy!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635xrrYRT

John

I did this cover entirely on my Bernina Treadle Conversion. 2 days,
solid, of pumping the treadle. I have gained a real love for this
machine. It won't do everything, but it is a wonderful way to control
the process, due to it's slow paced and precise way of working. And,
it is Great Fun.

John
Old February 23rd 09, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
René[_2_]

On Feb 22, 1:53*pm, John wrote:
I had some leftovers from the quilt I made for myself and decided to
give my Janome 1600 a new cover. Here is the result. Nice and tight
fitting and made to fit. I cut down the size of the sashing, in half,
as it leant itself to a smaller sashing style than I used on the
quilt. Enjoy!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635xrrYRT

John

Great machine cover! I've made a few, but always question what I
should do to the "inside." I feel it should be lined, but wonder what
other people do with their machine covers.

I see patterns, but it seems best to make one especially for each
machine. Different sizes, shapes, and cabinet or no cabinet. That's
what makes it fun -- starting from scratch.

René
Old February 23rd 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 22, 8:57*pm, René wrote:
On Feb 22, 1:53*pm, John wrote:

I had some leftovers from the quilt I made for myself and decided to
give my Janome 1600 a new cover. Here is the result. Nice and tight
fitting and made to fit. I cut down the size of the sashing, in half,
as it leant itself to a smaller sashing style than I used on the
quilt. Enjoy!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635xrrYRT

John

Great machine cover! *I've made a few, but always question what I
should do to the "inside." *I feel it should be lined, but wonder what
other people do with their machine covers.

I see patterns, but it seems best to make one especially for each
machine. *Different sizes, shapes, and cabinet or no cabinet. *That's
what makes it fun -- starting from scratch.

René

This one is a grey/blue cotton solid. The batting I used is a wool cut
off from the quilt I just finished. I have used a cotton twill for
some of them but I didn't have any in the blue color that I wanted, so
I used the regular cotton. Just use something that will take the wear
and tear is my thought.

John
Old February 23rd 09, 03:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

René wrote:
On Feb 22, 1:53 pm, John wrote:

I had some leftovers from the quilt I made for myself and decided to
give my Janome 1600 a new cover. Here is the result. Nice and tight
fitting and made to fit. I cut down the size of the sashing, in half,
as it leant itself to a smaller sashing style than I used on the
quilt. Enjoy!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635xrrYRT

John

Great machine cover! I've made a few, but always question what I
should do to the "inside." I feel it should be lined, but wonder what
other people do with their machine covers.

I see patterns, but it seems best to make one especially for each
machine. Different sizes, shapes, and cabinet or no cabinet. That's
what makes it fun -- starting from scratch.

René

John's covers are really nice. I especially like the new one. Great
job. I can't figure out if I enjoy his quilting or his woodworking
more!
I have made covers for my main machine and serger. Twice I
have used extra fabric from my window coverings. Fabric is a bit
more substantial than quilting cotton and I just make the things
a single layer of fabric. Nothing fancy but they match the decor
in the room and keep Lily cat out of the thread. I just work from
the covers that originally came with the machines. Really simple and
changeable with the window coverings.
Taria
Old February 23rd 09, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 22, 10:27*pm, Taria wrote:
René wrote:
On Feb 22, 1:53 pm, John wrote:

[...]

I think it is fun to change them, also. When I make new covers, I
recycle the old ones into Grocery bags, by putting strap handles on
them. I either use them myself, if I still like them, or give them
away as presents. Shhh! Don't tell.

John
Old February 23rd 09, 05:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Nice job, John!
My machines are kept put away for the most part since I use my dining
table as a sewing table.
I like the ideas everyone has of doing matching covers!

Ginger in CA

Old February 23rd 09, 12:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heather in WestOz

That looks great John, I've got a couple of things I could do covers for
the Mixmaster, the SM, my photographic enlarger. Now you've got me thinking
about the next small project - something to keep me away from the big one -
a new quilt for my bed. I'm still having trouble deciding on a pattern for
that one.
Thanks for the ideas

Heather in West Oz

Using up the leftovers John Quilting 17 February 3rd 09 09:00 PM
Log Cabin Leftovers, 1.5" strips, anyone? Sherry Quilting 17 October 17th 08 03:59 PM
Cover stitch machine John Sewing 2 February 7th 07 01:54 PM
OT - Thanksgiving leftovers Tinkster Beads 12 November 26th 04 06:15 PM
FA: leftovers from GRAPE LAMPSHADE (all handmades) Howard Marketplace 0 August 20th 04 07:26 PM