OFF TOPIC MR Joe med

Old October 13th 05, 12:55 AM
Butterfly

Default OFF TOPIC MR Joe med

Mr Joe awoke at 4 AM cause he was afraid he would oversleep----and we didn't
even have to think about waking until 6 or so : (
Anyway, we headed down to LA and he saw the Dr that did my Wing Impingement
Surgery a few years back (Dr remembered me : ) and now he will do Mr Joe's
rotar cuff tear repair (right) in Nov......and 6 months down the road he
will do his other shoulder (left)

Butterfly (heading to bed really early tonight)

Old October 13th 05, 03:45 AM
Polly Esther

Awwww, gee. That was setting me to thinking that Joe would be
out-of-commission for decorating a Christmas tree - but probably not.
Therapists being what they are, they'll probably send him all over the
neighborhood for tree-trimming. They show no mercy, you know. Be sure to
take a notepad to the hospital for listing gator supply. Winter's coming
on. Polly

Old October 13th 05, 05:25 AM
Ginger in CA

Whew!!!
Mr Joe will get a new wing, too??? how cool is that!

Ginger in CA

Old October 13th 05, 09:49 AM
Kate Dicey

Butterfly wrote:
Mr Joe awoke at 4 AM cause he was afraid he would oversleep----and we didn't
even have to think about waking until 6 or so : (
Anyway, we headed down to LA and he saw the Dr that did my Wing Impingement
Surgery a few years back (Dr remembered me : ) and now he will do Mr Joe's
rotar cuff tear repair (right) in Nov......and 6 months down the road he
will do his other shoulder (left)

Butterfly (heading to bed really early tonight)

When his turn pops up, let us know and we'll start the prayer wheels
spinning! Sounds good to me. Although the pain from the op will be a
pest for a while, after that clears up things should be a LOT better!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 14th 05, 05:45 AM
Dreamweaver

A new wing huh? Maybe that's what Mr. Joe's baby Hawk was gabbing
about...afterall he's trying his new wings! ;-]
--
Whoohoo!
Dreamweaver

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath
of a buffalo in the winter time. It is the little shadow which runs across
the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
-- Crowfoot, April 1890

Old October 14th 05, 03:32 PM
nana2b

Sorry to hear he needs surgery, but it really is a miracle surgery. My son
had it a couple of years ago and the rehab wasn't bad. I hope Mr. Joe does
as well. Hugs, Linda

Old October 14th 05, 03:54 PM
Butterfly

Now THAT is a neat way of looking at it. We haven't seen him since we made
the appt......strange. Wonder if it will return when he has his surgery (Nov
15) Our Pet Hawk IS looking out for us, isn't it ; )
You just made my day.

Butterfly (Off to the Foot Dr to see if I can get my cast off today)

Old October 14th 05, 04:27 PM
Butterfly

Thanks...he is looking forward to getting it over with seeing as how he is
having quite a time getting his arms up very high--and it's almost
impossible to get his right arm behind his back. I'm just glad he is doing
it this year....maybe next year will be 'easier' medically for us. Sure hope
so.

Butterfly (rather be spending my $$ on FABRIC, not lining some Dr's
pocket--but I am grateful we finally found some that are decent)

Old October 14th 05, 08:16 PM
Jenn

Butterfly.

Let me know how it goes. My DH, doesn't have a torn rotar cuff, but he
does dislocate at will. We are putting him under the knife again, for
the second time in two years, on December 16. And since the dope has
to jump boat wakes with his jet skis in the summer they may be doing a
bone transfer to rebuild part of the joint at the same time.

I am so mad at him I could spit. But o nthe plus side, better to try
to fix it all the way now then to have to go in for surgery again.
They will be purposely limiting his range of motion so he cannot get it
into the position where it likes to fall out.

Either way. I hope your Mr. Joe's surgery goes very well.

Jenn

Not entirely off topic Louise Quilting 5 May 30th 04 02:07 PM
Gentle reminder - mark Off Topic messages OT Barbara Hass Needlework 7 May 15th 04 04:38 PM
on and off topic CNYstitcher Quilting 10 March 10th 04 06:14 PM
Good Idea? (on topic ramblings) Karlee in Kansas Quilting 4 December 11th 03 08:44 AM
Off Topic Turns On Topic & Fabric Shopping Lisa Ellis Quilting 0 September 9th 03 01:30 AM