Sigh...

Old June 21st 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default Sigh...

On Jun 21, 1:32 pm, (Richard Eney) wrote:
In article ,
spampot ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote:

Class Title: Where Do They Get Those Numbers?
Teacher: Edie Eckman
Skill Level: Intermediate
have to do when designing or altering a sweater. Math-phobics are
welcome, and you don't have to raise your hand in class. Draft a basic
sweater and discuss calculating yarn amounts, V-neck shaping, rates of
increase/decrease, stitch pattern placement, and re-engineering a pattern.

This is something I really need a step-by-step class w/a patient teacher
for.

Am now pining for my needles as I type 1-handed; cellulitis (@#$% spidr
bite) has immobilized right hand -- hope only a few days more.

Ouch! Take good care of that cellulitis, it can be lethal.
Watch out for sudden fevers, it's easy to not notice them in this
hot weather.

Oh, yes, cellulitis is awful! I had it once, on my chin, of all
places,
and it took massive antibiotics to clear it up. The dr figured that I
got it when the rabbit scratched me. A friend of mine nearly lost
his arm when he got cellulitis while working in his garden. Do
be careful with it!

Higs,
Katherine

Old June 21st 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"spampot" ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote in message
Laura J wrote:
So what is the class you managed to sign up for?

LauraJ

"spampot" ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote in message
Well, the Stitches East 2007 brochure arrived in yesterday's mail, and
by the time I sat down at the computer to register, only an hour later,
half the classes I wanted were already sold out! I expected the Lily
Chin ones to be, but jeez. I finally managed to snag ONE Friday
afternoon class. Oh well, I find myself googling for some of the class
subjects, like Japanese short rows, and there are lots of good web sites
out there with detailed instructions and pix, e.g.:

http://nonaknits.typepad.com/nonakni...se_short_.html

Class Title: Where Do They Get Those Numbers?
Teacher: Edie Eckman
Skill Level: Intermediate
have to do when designing or altering a sweater. Math-phobics are welcome,
and you don’t have to raise your hand in class. Draft a basic sweater and
discuss calculating yarn amounts, V-neck shaping, rates of
increase/decrease, stitch pattern placement, and re-engineering a pattern.

This is something I really need a step-by-step class w/a patient teacher
for.

Am now pining for my needles as I type 1-handed; cellulitis (@#$% spidr
bite) has immobilized right hand -- hope only a few days more.

Cellulitis is extremely painful. Hope it starts to clear up for you really
soon.

Murielle

Old June 23rd 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

Laura J wrote:
[...]

That sounds like a great class! I hope it is small enough so you get
lots of one-on-one time. And I hope your hand gets better soon! That
sounds scary. Has it happened to you before? You are taking it much
better than I would.

LauraJ

No, but it's happened to friends, & my doc says it's on the increase, as
does my niece the nurse. It's not actually in my hand, the bite is on
my rt elbow, and the dr says I can't use my arm because flexing the
elbow will keep it fm healing (and using my fingers makes the whole arm
itch worse). I'm on oral antibiotics, which is better than being
tethered to an IV as a friend was. So it could be worse. But I can't
knit...!

So tks to all 4 yr sympathy.
Old June 23rd 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

SPAM POT QUICK HEALING
READ if you can`t knit !!!
mirjam

Old June 24th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
SPAM POT QUICK HEALING
READ if you can`t knit !!!
mirjam
my rt elbow, and the dr says I can't use my arm because flexing the
elbow will keep it fm healing (and using my fingers makes the whole arm
itch worse). I'm on oral antibiotics, which is better than being
tethered to an IV as a friend was. So it could be worse. But I can't
knit...!

So tks to all 4 yr sympathy.

Dear Mirjam,

I'm the last person you need to tell that too! I've been through four
Barbara Pyms and am on the second Narnia book (which strangely enough
I'd never read before) ... plust three newspapers a day.
Old June 24th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Dear Spampot , i never know if i should wriote to a sick person ,,,
Poor you that you can`t do this and that , thus i rather write the
positive thoughts i get about no being able to do the art/craft ,,,
the second bestr thing is reading ,,,,,, I was just thinking to myself
whether i should take a book or my bamboo [ slipery] knitting for my 2
hours bus ride to Jerushalyim ,,,, reading 2 hours has it`s own appeal
,,,, and my hands will rest and be styronger tomorrow ,,,,
thus PLEASE HEAL , and i really meant you well ,,,,
mirjam

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
SPAM POT QUICK HEALING
READ if you can`t knit !!!
mirjam

Old June 24th 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Ps Narnaia ,,, my children had the 5 books , somebody lent 1 mmm thus
i only read 4 ,,, only 1 was trnaslated into Hebrew ,,,,thus this one
i read in both languages ,,,
mirjam

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
SPAM POT QUICK HEALING
READ if you can`t knit !!!
mirjam

Sigh MSey Yarn 4 June 13th 07 03:39 AM
Too much S.E.X. anne Needlework 0 March 2nd 05 06:24 PM
*sigh* [email protected] Beads 7 May 6th 04 01:51 AM