Sigh...

Old June 17th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

Default Sigh...

Well, the Stitches East 2007 brochure arrived in yesterday's mail, and
by the time I sat down at the computer to register, only an hour later,
half the classes I wanted were already sold out! I expected the Lily
Chin ones to be, but jeez. I finally managed to snag ONE Friday
afternoon class. Oh well, I find myself googling for some of the class
subjects, like Japanese short rows, and there are lots of good web sites
out there with detailed instructions and pix, e.g.:

http://nonaknits.typepad.com/nonakni...se_short_.html

Old June 18th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Should we have pity ,,,or should we be jealous about that ????
mirjam ::::
rote:

Well, the Stitches East 2007 brochure arrived in yesterday's mail, and
by the time I sat down at the computer to register, only an hour later,
half the classes I wanted were already sold out! I expected the Lily
Chin ones to be, but jeez. I finally managed to snag ONE Friday
afternoon class. Oh well, I find myself googling for some of the class
subjects, like Japanese short rows, and there are lots of good web sites
out there with detailed instructions and pix, e.g.:

http://nonaknits.typepad.com/nonakni...se_short_.html

Ha ha ha...probably both!! I'm lucky to have the convention in my town
and be able to go at all.
Old June 19th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

That was exactly what i thought ,,,,,, i am a World away from those
conventions !!!!!
mirjam

Old June 19th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aaron Lewis

More likely you should teach at Stitches. They pay based on the number of
students that take the class. If a lot of students want to take particular
instructor's class, the instructor ends up being well paid.

In any case, register and have them send you the Brochure (
http://www.knittinguniverse.com/xrx/events/brochure.php) The list of classes
is worth looking at just to know what people are interested in.

Aaron

Old June 19th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

Laura J wrote:
So what is the class you managed to sign up for?

LauraJ

"spampot" ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote in message
Well, the Stitches East 2007 brochure arrived in yesterday's mail, and
by the time I sat down at the computer to register, only an hour
later, half the classes I wanted were already sold out! I expected
the Lily Chin ones to be, but jeez. I finally managed to snag ONE
Friday afternoon class. Oh well, I find myself googling for some of
the class subjects, like Japanese short rows, and there are lots of
good web sites out there with detailed instructions and pix, e.g.:

http://nonaknits.typepad.com/nonakni...se_short_.html

Class Title: Where Do They Get Those Numbers?
Teacher: Edie Eckman
Skill Level: Intermediate
have to do when designing or altering a sweater. Math-phobics are
welcome, and you don’t have to raise your hand in class. Draft a basic
sweater and discuss calculating yarn amounts, V-neck shaping, rates of
increase/decrease, stitch pattern placement, and re-engineering a pattern.

This is something I really need a step-by-step class w/a patient teacher
for.

Am now pining for my needles as I type 1-handed; cellulitis (@#$% spidr
bite) has immobilized right hand -- hope only a few days more.
Old June 19th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

Laura J wrote:
[...]

That sounds like a great class! I hope it is small enough so you get lots
of one-on-one time. And I hope your hand gets better soon! That sounds
scary. Has it happened to you before? You are taking it much better than I
would.

LauraJ

Old June 21st 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
spampot ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote:

Well, the Stitches East 2007 brochure arrived in yesterday's mail, and
by the time I sat down at the computer to register, only an hour later,
half the classes I wanted were already sold out! I expected the Lily
Chin ones to be, but jeez. I finally managed to snag ONE Friday
afternoon class. Oh well, I find myself googling for some of the class
subjects, like Japanese short rows, and there are lots of good web sites
out there with detailed instructions and pix, e.g.:

http://nonaknits.typepad.com/nonakni...se_short_.html

I'm lucky to have the convention in my town
and be able to go at all.

I used to go just to shop in the sales room. I've never taken any
classes there. My stash is so big now that I'd better not go shop there
this year! I'm already at S.A.B.L.E.

=Tamar
Old June 21st 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
spampot ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote:

Class Title: Where Do They Get Those Numbers?
Teacher: Edie Eckman
Skill Level: Intermediate
have to do when designing or altering a sweater. Math-phobics are
welcome, and you don’t have to raise your hand in class. Draft a basic
sweater and discuss calculating yarn amounts, V-neck shaping, rates of
increase/decrease, stitch pattern placement, and re-engineering a pattern.

This is something I really need a step-by-step class w/a patient teacher
for.

Am now pining for my needles as I type 1-handed; cellulitis (@#$% spidr
bite) has immobilized right hand -- hope only a few days more.

Ouch! Take good care of that cellulitis, it can be lethal.
Watch out for sudden fevers, it's easy to not notice them in this
hot weather.

=Tamar

Sigh MSey Yarn 4 June 13th 07 03:39 AM
Too much S.E.X. anne Needlework 0 March 2nd 05 05:24 PM
*sigh* [email protected] Beads 7 May 6th 04 01:51 AM