OT Another prayer request please

Old August 15th 11, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default OT Another prayer request please

This is not a good summer vacation. DFIL finally succumbed to his
terminal lung condition last month, just 2 days before his 73rd birthday
and 1 month before he and DMIL would have celebrated their golden
wedding anniversary.

Shortly after Father's Day my DF was admitted to hospital with problems
that have led to him being diagnosed with prostate cancer, that has
already spread. This on top of several strokes which had left him
virtually bedridden and with few reserves to fight anything else. The
long and short of it is that he is still in hospital and it looks like
he won't be coming home. He and DM live in a rural part of Wales and
she has a 45 min drive to get to the hospital each day. He is now at
the stage where TLC is more important than further interventions which
would be more than he can cope with. They are a 5 hour drive away from
us so I am keeping my fingers crossed that our planned trip next week is
in time.

This evening I asked my mum to take in the quilt I made for my Dad for
Father's Day this year so that he gets some use and pleasure from it
while he still can. Last month my daughter was able to visit with her
son, my DF's only greatgrandson and he was able to enjoy holding him.

Please can you hold my children in your thoughts together with my
parents and the rest of the family at this very difficult time.

Thanks

Lizzy
Old August 16th 11, 12:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Lizzy Taylor" This is not a good summer vacation. DFIL finally succumbed
[...]

Prayers are being sent for you and all your family at this difficult time.
Barbaras in SC

Old August 16th 11, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ursula Schrader

"Lizzy Taylor" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Done, too. I know what you feel; it's hard when you see your parents or
in-laws falter just when you think now everything is just the way it should
be. I keep my fingers crossed for you since I'm not the classical prayer
person. Here's a hug for you: {{{Lizzy}}}

U.

Old August 16th 11, 07:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

What a very hard time for you and the family, Liz,. I pray for strength
for you and all involved.
..
In message , Lizzy Taylor
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green

Old August 16th 11, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I'm sorry for the tough time you are in the midst of Lizzy. Keeping
you and the family in my thoughts and prayers.
Taria

Old August 16th 11, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Thoughts and prayers coming your way, Lizzy, for you and your entire
family. Such a difficult thing for you all.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 16th 11, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 15/08/2011 22:10, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
[...]

Prayers and good vibes winging their way north...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

prayer request please off kilter [email protected] Quilting 7 August 16th 11 12:49 AM
OT - Prayer Request Please TerriLee in WA \(state\) Quilting 20 September 5th 06 08:36 PM
A prayer request Pam Quilting 13 May 27th 05 10:29 PM
A little prayer request: Mostly OT Kate Dicey Quilting 53 January 14th 05 11:04 PM
OT - Prayer request TerriLee In WA Quilting 8 April 7th 04 06:35 AM